The Burrow

~Zephyra~

I was allowed to leave the hospital wing the next morning. Snape had instructed Iphy to pack my trunk for me and the house elves brought it down, which meant I didn't have to go back to the Slytherin common room.

Part of me was excited to be leaving Hogwarts, especially with Harry, Ron and Hermione, who'd become close to me. At the same time I couldn't shake the feeling that I was just a spare part, dragged along through obligation and they didn't really want me there. I wondered whether my friendship with them was just in my head, or only existed because they were too kind to turn me away.

Despite this I headed downstairs. Dumbledore had arranged a portkey to the Burrow, so that we didn't have to go on the Hogwarts express. When I reached the clock tower doors, I carefully opened it, not wanting to draw attention to myself. Harry, Ron, Hermione, Fred, George and Ginny were standing, chatting amongst themselves. The portkey was a small hand-held mirror which lay off to the side. As I walked closer they turned to look at me.

"Alright Zephy," Fred said cheerfully. I smiled at them and mumbled a reply, my nerves starting to get the better of me. I tried to not let them show. 

"You must be Ginny. It's nice to meet you properly," I said, trying to act normal. Ginny didn't look entirely comfortable with my presence but she didn't say anything.

Hermione came up and gave me a hug, whispering in my ear as I did so, "You okay? You look pale."

"Probably just still recovering," I said. She narrowed her eyes at me and I knew she didn't believe me but she didn't push it. I was worried to meet Mr and Mrs Weasley, although why I was quite this concerned was beyond me.

"Come on, come on," Fred said, walking to me and grabbing my hand to pull me towards the portkey. I initially wanted to wrench my hand from his but I didn't, instead allowing myself to be dragged.

We gathered around it and leant down to touch it. 1...2...3.

The air whipped around us, swirling blue covered the scene of Hogwarts. It felt weightless and unnerving, so I reached for Fred's hand again out of instinct. I felt him squeeze my hand comfortingly.

"Let go!" George yelled over the din. I did and I began falling hard, the wind stinging my eyes, so I closed them. After a moment I hit the ground, almost bouncing off it from the force. Something heavy landed on top of me, knocking the air out of me. I breathed in, trying to catch my breath again.

"Alright there, love" I heard Fred say and I opened my eyes. Fred was lying on top of me, his face in line with my boobs and he was looking at me with a smirk on his face. 

"Gerroff," I yelled pushing him off me. He pretended to look hurt, holding his heart dramatically.

"That was a rollercoaster of a relationship, one minute we're lying together, next minute you leave me."

I rolled my eyes, standing up from the floor and looking around. The house was gorgeous, sitting in a beautiful fenced garden littered with flowers which were flowering despite it being December. I could spot a little garden gnome poking around some rose bushes and it made me smile. The house itself looked like it was about to fall over, held up only by magic. A row of flowers lined the path to the small wooden door.

"You like it?"

I turned to see that Fred was watching me as I observed the house.

"It's beautiful," I whispered. I hadn't intended for him to hear me but he did. He had a lopsided smile on his face.

"Come on then, I'll introduce you to everyone."

I gulped but followed him and the others inside, they were giggling and talking to each other animatedly. My breathing became shallow again as I fidgeted nervously with the sleeve of my jumper. It was nothing like my home.