Not very good at Camping

~Zephyra~

"What on Earth are you doing?" Fred asked. I glowered at the pole in my hand and the piece of fabric I'd been trying to shove it through.

"It says in the instructions to put the pole with the red tape through the hole in the tent with the red end," I said.

"But that's blue."

I sighed loudly. "I know! But it wasn't going through the red hole so clearly the instructions are wrong."

Fred threw the other layer of tent to the ground also clearly frustrated with the whole endeavour.

"I thought you said you'd gone camping before!" I cried, leaning back on my elbows.

"I have! But I wasn't the person who put the tent up, it was always put together by the time I arrived!"

He sauntered over to where I was on the grass and lay down next to me. I leant against his shoulder and breathed in the fresh air and his scent.

He caught my chin and pulled me into a kiss.

After that very little tent was assembled.

~Fred~

I woke up swathed in fabric and immediately freaked out. I could hear Zephyra yelling from beside me and I rolled over to grab her hand.

"What's happening?" She yelled, punching away the fabric and pulling me closer.

"Um... I think the tent's fallen down on us."

We crawled outside, passed the tables and our belongings, looking for the exit. We emerged into the dark night, and I let out a sigh of relief, grateful to be out of the claustrophobic tent.

I looked at the tent, crumpled on the ground. Admittedly, when we'd gone inside earlier that evening it had been a very odd shape, all pointy with sharp corners.

Zephy sat on the grass with a huff, looking between me and the flat tent. After a moment she started chuckling before letting out an inappropriate strangled noise and properly laughing. I couldn't help but join in, it was all too funny.

"We are not good at this," she said through guffaws, and I could only snort in agreement.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked. "I'm not going back in there."

"We could go back to the flat," Zephy said with a hopeful look on her face. "Maybe we could even go on a holiday that doesn't involve fly nets and dirt."

"No! That would be failure and we don't fail." She looked at me bemusedly.

"Well, could we go back to the flat for tonight and tomorrow we can get someone else to set the bloody tent up?"

~Zephyra~

"Please, George, please don't let him take me back. The tent fell down and it was awful! Please, I'll stay with you, I've always liked you more anyway I just didn't know how to say it."

George just laughed at me, looking like all his Christmas dreams had come early.

"Let's go!" Fred yelled from the door.

I sent a pleading look at George.

"Look, maybe I can convince Angelina to come, and we can join you?" He said with a smile

"Really? Please George, we'll die otherwise, he'll set fire to the tent or explode the stove or something--- ahhh!" Fred yanked me up from around the waist and threw me over his shoulder.