The Order of the Phoenix

~Zephyra~

It was still hard being away from my parents and brother. I thought about them all the time, with my dad still in that house with you-know-who and my mother and brother, when they returned, would be too.

Fighting this fight seemed inevitable. I was going to do it whether or not I was part of the order, because I couldn't let those I cared for be in danger in this way. I couldn't let someone like Draco or Hermione or Fred or Ginny go through what I'd gone through in that house. 

What I wasn't keen on was Fred or any of the other Weasley children joining. I'd already seen what Death Eaters were willing to do first hand and the idea of them being caught up in it made my stomach twist in knots. 

At least Fred and George were talking about things other than joining. They spent the next week showing me all of the products and plans they had for their joke shop. They even had a place on Diagon Alley picked out. 

It was brilliant, sitting on the floor of their bedroom as they pulled out product after insane product. I probably laughed more in those sessions than I had for months.

I couldn't stop watching Fred. If I hadn't already, I think I would have fallen for him as he explained the ingredients of Puking Pastilles or the process of making a Boxing Telescope. He just looked so captivated in what he was saying, so enthusiastic and his face would form these little lines around his eyes  as he talked that I wanted to sooth with my finger but I also sort of adored. I don't think I'd ever appreciated his intelligence and ambition before, but him and George were really, unbelievably, clever. 

It made my mind loud, arguing with itself as I tried to both scold myself for my affection and encourage it. Could I be with Fred again? Was wanting him enough to warrant him?

One Friday, Hermione showed up. Apparently she'd sent a letter to Ron asking if she could come and he'd shown it to Sirius and asked if that was alright. 

It was lovely to see her and I made a joke about finally being around 'someone with intelligence', that made her laugh and the others scowl. She was curious about the old house and had taken to perusing the library, which I joined her for. I always found Hermione's presence soothing, perhaps since we could both sit in quiet, which wasn't a Weasley family trait. 

On the day of The Order meeting, Sirius told me to be prepared to be asked to join them. Fred, George, Ron and Ginny planned on coming along too but I had a hopeful feeling they wouldn't be allowed. 

 I greeted all of the members as they arrived in Grimmauld Place, and this time Professor McGonagall and Dumbledore were also present. 

They moved into the sitting room and began the meeting whilst I sat in the kitchen, butterflies in my stomach, with the rest of the Weasleys and Hermione. 

They chatted to each other whilst we waited but I couldn't find the will power to join in. Fred seemed to pick up on my nerves and his foot nudged mine under the table. I looked at him and he gave me a reassuring smile. I returned it mindlessly, eyes catching on his face and letting it anchor me there.

Finally, Sirius came into the kitchen. "Zephy, can you come with me?" He asked. 

"What about us?" Ron asked, irritated. The others bustled too, standing and ready.

"They just want to speak with Zephyra right now," was all Sirius responded with, walking from the room before anyone else could argue with him. 

"Zephy," I heard Fred say curiously from beside me. 

"I'm sure it's nothing. I'll just go see what they want," I replied. He looked unsure and I saw my own nervousness reflected in his features. "I'll... let you know what happens."