Guess who's come to Visit

~Zephyra~

Living at Grimmauld Place wasn't half bad. In fact, I kind of liked it.

It became obvious that Sirius had been incredibly bored and lonely before I arrived. He stayed with me most of the time, showing me music and introducing me to Buckbeak, a hippogriff that had been his only companion (other than a dreadful house elf).

It felt like in only a week of living with him I knew almost everything about him and likewise.

We talked a lot but sometimes each of us had a moment. Moments where we knew the other simply needed quiet companionship in which we would sit and read or listen to calm music.

I had an attack, as I've decided to call them, on only the second night of staying. He was showing me the new teas he's ordered in (because boredom has inspired him to become some sort of connoisseur of teas) and my arm went into a spasm. It was horrible, as they always are. And I ended up sitting on the floor, clutching my arm as tears streamed down my face. Sirius sat next to me stroking my arm in a soothing way and whispering comforting things in my ear. It took almost 5 minutes of agony for it to subside and I was left gasping for breath and falling into the man next to me, who just wrapped his arm around my shoulders as if it was the easiest thing in the world.

He was actually quite upset I hadn't told him, said I'd scared the crap out of him and he wished he'd have known. He insisted in getting a muscle relaxing potion and using it on my hand, where the muscles had twisted and knotted themselves. It felt incredible and I leant my head against his shoulder, listening to his scolding as he fixed my hand.

One big thing I learnt was that Sirius is a terrible gossip. He seemed to have dirt on everyone and particularly loved to tell me the inappropriate things - I think he enjoyed the scandalised expression on my face. 

"I'm 90% sure Harry was conceived in the bathroom of a muggle gay club I'd forced everyone to go to."

"Lockhart once got caught masturbating in the transfiguration classroom."

"Snape was always a bit of a twat. Did you know he used to fancy Harry's mum? It was disgusting! What would he have done if they had got together, drip grease on her?"

I couldn't help but reply in kind, telling him far too much about the mundane drama of the Hogwarts students. I had always been quite clued in when it came to that sort of thing, likely due to my Slytherin tendencies. 

Except perhaps Sirius was more observant than I had thought, since one day when I describing a prank pulled my the twins on a bunch of first years and he formed this strange sort of glint in his eye.

"Interesting," he said.

"What?"

"You like one of them."

I choked on the frankly horrible rose and ginger tea that Sirius had bought.

"No," I said, once I'd stopped coughing. "I don't like anyone. Why'd you think that?"

"Huh, I thought you were a good liar until now."

"Shut up. I'm a great liar." 

"So you are lying then?"

"What? No!"

He laughed openly at me and I glared at him. I take every nice thought about him back - the prick.

"I can find out, you know. I have people on the inside."

I groaned, knowing he was talking about Harry, who very well could expose my history with Fred.