Quidditch and Blunders

~Zephyra~

It had been a strange few days. Starting with McGonagall pulling me aside and asking whether I'd like to receive training to become an animagus, as the top NEWT transfiguration student. Obviously I said yes, because one - transfiguration is the best; and two - who doesn't want to transform into an animal at will. 

Then I had a meeting with Umbridge who told me she'd put together a list of people to start the 'inquisitorial squad', which included my brother and many Slytherins that had attacked me the year before. I smiled and told her it was fine, complimenting her outfit in hopes she would like me the most and not listen to any rumours the other squad members might start. 

Hermione had gathered a list of names for her club, which she'd called Dumbledore's Army (since Fudge thought that's what Dumbledore had been doing at Hogwarts anyway). We'd met in the Hog's Head and Dobby had introduced Harry to the room of requirement, in which we'd had our first meeting. 

It was a rather nerve wracking session for me. I was the only Slytherin there and felt a little uncomfortable, but Fred and George had flanked me like body guards and no one bothered me. 

Harry was a brilliant teacher and it was quite nice to go over basic enchantments and refine them. We did the disarming spell, reducto and stunning. I helped some of the other students and they actually seemed grateful rather than reproachful, which was something. 

The best part of the last week, however, was undeniably having Fred sneak into my room every evening. Sometimes George came with him, which was always enjoyable but sometimes he came on his own. We spend night after night laughing and just enjoying being close. 

I'd never woken up in such a pleasant way my whole life. He would always be half asleep and realise I was too far away on the bed, he'd reach around my waist and drag me into him again. The movement would wake me up but by the time I registered what was going on he'd already have me in a unmovable hold. 

I loved him. And it felt quite impossible for me to be in love with him but here I was being it. I wanted him all the time and cursed the nights when I slept alone. Which was why I still felt slightly insecure about our situation. I was still me. Still not someone he should have fathomably fallen for. 

Plus, he hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend, which I hoped was still due to him not being over the way I lied to him rather than me just being an awful person. I wanted to respect that and give him the time he needed but also, selfishly, just wanted him to be mine. Maybe I was doing something else wrong.

~Fred~

Quidditch was more important than ever this year. We hadn't been able to play at all last year and now, in my last year, I wanted to win the cup. 

Our match was against Slytherin, meaning I was playing against Zephy who was a chaser. But we'd both agreed that the outcome of the match would have no impact on our relationship - which was good since Gryffindor was going to thrash Slytherin.

Weasley cannot save a thing,

He cannot block a single ring,

That's why Slytherins all sing,

Weasley is our King.

Ahh, that wasn't good. I looked at Ron who was walking onto the pitch behind me. Sure, George and I had teased him a lot when he decided to try out for the team but really we were glad he was playing. The song was a step too far. He sensibly kept his head down and kept walking.