What's better than therapy?

~Fred~

The next day was awkward. Everyone sat at the table in relative silence, eating breakfast with the reverence deserved of a funeral. 

Zephy wasn't meeting my eye and I wasn't sure whether it was because of guilt or simply a lack of caring.

"This is fun," drawled George around a mouthful of eggs. Ginny sniggered but was elbowed by Ron to make her stop. 

"I think I'm done," Charlie said, standing and moving his plate to the sink where a sponge promptly attacked it. 

"Me too," I agreed, following Charlie out of the room. 

Charlie stopped in the sitting room, eyeing me expectantly. His eye was a deep purple from the punch he'd taken from me only yesterday. I'd never hit anyone like that before. When I didn't sit or speak he just sighed. 

"I know you're angry at me," he said with faint remorse. 

I scoffed. Angry wasn't strong enough to describe my disdain for my brother.

"But, I didn't do anything wrong," he continued. 

I smiled in pained amusement, shaking my head in amazement of how he could think that. 

"No? Because jumping into bed with your brothers recent ex is something any good man would do," I said calmly. 

"It wasn't like that," Charlie snapped. He took a second to breath deeply. "It wasn't, Fred. I wasn't expecting it. I wasn't planning it. It just happened. And I wouldn't do anything to hurt her-- not like you did."

I seethed. How dare he say that. Yet, I had no retort, because he wasn't wrong. Although I tried not to admit it, I knew that I was far more at fault than she was.

"Fuck you," I spat. 

I turned to walk away but footsteps rooted me to the spot. My mother walked in, dad a couple of feet behind her. He closed the door. 

"I wanted to speak to you both," mum said, her nose lifted into the air in a way that both looked chastising and righteous. 

"I wasn't aware that either of you were seeing Zephyra and I wanted to caution you both," she said. 

Charlie scoffed and I shared the sentiment. 

"Not this again, mum. She's a Malfoy, get over it!" I said. 

She pursed her lips in distain. 

"I will move past that point and the fact she is a Slytherin. I will not, however, move past that she is not the right sort of girl for you boys. I mean, really! How can you stand someone who'd want ---what she wants, with both of you. It's ghastly."

I didn't want to talk about sex with my mother, I wanted to walk out the room, only she was in front of the door. 

"Molly," dad said, a furrow on his brow. "I don't think we can solely place blame on Zephyra for being with them both. That decision is shared."

"Yeah." I said, "by Charlie!"

"Can we please stop discussing this," Charlie whined. 

"No!" Mum said, harshly, "because you boys should've known better. I don't know what I did to make you think Zephyra was a good potential partner but I'm saying now that she is bad news."

"But that's the thing!" Charlie yelled. "It's not about you! She's not dating you, so get over it. Who cares if you disapprove. Who cares whether you think she's good enough!"