Draco

~Draco~

It was only a couple days until the end of the school year. Dumbledore had arranged a big assembly for Cedric and then we'd watched as the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang students begin their journey's home.

My sister had left for the Manor a few days before but I wasn't sure why. If Harry was to be believed then the Dark Lord had returned, which would change everything at home. Zephy was likely there, cuddling up to our parents before dining with the Dark Lord and immediately becoming a critical player in his ranks.

I watched her friends sitting together in the Great Hall. Harry was out of the Hospital Wing and talking with Hermione. But it was Fred who caught my attention. 

When I realised Zephy had first become involved with the Weasley, I'd been a little excited. Zephy had spent her entire life correcting me, being the favourite, humiliating me in front of my friends - but I finally had something on her. 

Father sent me a letter after Easter asking me to tell him immediately if I ever saw them together again but I hadn't - suppose he got through to her somehow. In my time watching, however, it became frightfully obvious that they were both miserable. Pathetic really.

Something was different now. Since she'd gone home Fred had been eerily silent (something hardly seen in the Weasley twins). After the breakup George put great effort into keeping Fred laughing. Now, though... it was as if he'd given up trying. Fred instead sat picking at his food distantly. 

The strangest thing was that he kept catching my eye when we passed each other. Fred wore a searching expression, as if I knew something he didn't. Clearly, Zephy had never told him that I was out of the loop when it came to our family. 

After lunch one day he jogged up behind me, footsteps echoing on the stone floor.

"Draco!" He called.

I put on a sneer as I turned to look at him.

"What do you want, Weasel?" I said.  He rolled his eyes slightly before replying.

"Sorry, I just wanted to give you this," he said, handing me a piece of parchment. I took it curiously, opening up the folded parchment to see an address. "It's for The Burrow - where I live."

"Why in Merlin would you give me this," I snarled, holding the parchment away from me as if it might explode.

He sighed. "Look, Draco. I know you hate me. That's fine. But if Zephy gets in trouble I'm begging you - please let me know." I scoffed. Who did he think he was!

"Let me get this through your thick skull. If Zephyra gets in trouble, I would tell my father or a teacher. I would never tell you because why would she ever need some useless blood traitor's help. Understood?"

"Malfoy. This is just in case - "

But I shoved the parchment back into his chest. He didn't catch it so it fluttered slowly to the ground. 

I stalked away from him, muttering to myself about his stupidity. I mean, what did he think I'd do? 

A moment later he barged past me.

"Fuck you, Malfoy."

Charming. Zephy certainly has good taste.

___

Going home at the end of this year felt like a relief. Potter was being fawned over by the whole school and it was grating on me constantly. 

I said goodbye to the other Slytherins before meeting our family house elf and apperating home.