Hot Water

~Zephyra~

"Zephy?" Harry said, eyes wide as he stared at me in the doorway. His wand was raised but he lowered it slightly. 

"Put it down before you poke someone's eye out," Moody grumbled. I moved forward and in no time Harry was engulfing me in an embrace.

"I was fucking worried about you," Harry said into my ear.

"Why you worried about me, I'm like an old persons cat that will outlive everyone and eat them when they die."

He stared at me and then burst out laughing. He pulled back and then moved past, to where Remus stood and hugged him tight.

"Yes, very pleasant but we need to get moving," Moody interrupted.

"Where? What are you doing here?" Asked Harry. 

"Taking you to headquarters," Tonks said.

"A surprising number of people volunteered to come and get you," Remus said.

"Yeah, well, the more the better. We're your guard, Potter," said Moody. 

"We're just waiting for the signal to tell us it's safe to set off, we've got about fifteen minutes," Remus explained.

We walked into the kitchen of the house and I looked at the horrible interior of Number 4 Privet Drive; wondering whether my mother would have an aneurism at the sight of all the floral wallpaper. 

Harry put the kettle on and I came up next to him.

"Who are all these people?" he asked.

I looked around the room. "Nymphadora Tonks." I pointed them out in turn. "Emmeline Vance. Elphias Doge. Podmore. Hestia. Diggle and Kingsley Shacklebolt. We have to fly formation around you all the way back just to make sure that nothing goes wrong whilst getting you to headquarters."

Harry nodded. "And why are you here?"

I watched Harry for a moment, wondering how much I could tell him while in this house. "I ran away and Dumbledore moved me to headquarters, so I'm helping out."

He eyed me, as if knowing that there must be more to the story but he didn't say anything. 

When at last it was time to go, we all lined up around Harry.

"Don't stop until we're there," Mad-Eye explained, "even if something happens to one of us."

"Stop it, Mad-Eye. Nothing's going to happen," Tonks scolded. 

"That's the first signal, let's go," Mad-Eye said. 

They pushed off the ground and into the air. There was a cool breeze from the night air and clouds high above them. 

They flew for almost forty minutes before arriving at Grimmauld place. Moody tried to get a few people to double back to see if they were followed but was talked down by Tonks. 

I observed Harry as he watched the house reveal itself, a look of wonder on his face. We scurried inside. Tonks knocked over the Troll leg umbrella stand, which I was only able to catch in the nick of time. 

We walked through to the kitchen and there sat the rest of the household. Ron and Hermione scurried up first, engulfing Harry in a tight hug, then Mrs Weasley, Ginny, the twins and Arthur. Sirius stood back, waiting for them to finish before opening his arms wide. Harry practically leapt into his arms. 

Sirius looked a little teary as he held Harry tightly. I smiled, happy that they were together again, since they were the closest thing they had to family for one another. But Sirius surprised me, then. Once he'd hugged Harry and whispered his happiness to see him in his ear, he walked towards me. Wrapping an arm around me and squeezing me in a side hug, a kiss planted on my hair.