Epilogue

~Fred~

"Zephy! Zephy!" I said, running through the crowd of people. It was horrible, the halls practically crumbling around us. Lavender, Colin, Tonks.

"I'm here," I heard her shout, and I followed the noise to find her sitting on a cot with her arm in a fresh bandage, scrapes on her face and covered in dust from the explosion but otherwise looking unharmed. Sirius sat next to her and Remus on his other side, dried blood over his front.

"Your arm is it..."

"I've had skelegrow and they think it'll be sorted in a few days," she explained quickly, taking up my hand fiercely in her own and kissing the knuckles and the ring there. 

"Bone was completely shattered," Sirius murmured.

"Merlin," I breathed, blood pounding in my head because it was too much. "That was almost..."

"Your head," she replied, sounding pained. 

I nodded, throat dry.

"You actually are joking, Perce... . I don't think I've heard you joke since you were –"

And the air exploded. My arm over Zephy's shoulder tightened and I felt her turn in my arms, one arm wrapping protectively around my back and the other my head. We crashed backwards, hitting the stone hard.

It was only when the ringing in my ears stopped that I heard Zephy's muffled cry. I turned to find her face contorted in pain, then I felt the blood; it was leaking down the back of my neck, warm and sticky. I sat up as if in a daze, staring at the blood pouring from her arm - the bones visibly sticking through the skin. The rubble that caused the damage was in the exact spot that my head would've been if her arm hadn't been there. 

"Zephy..." I choked. 

"Everyone alright?" Harry's voice sounded from somewhere nearby. 

"We need to get her to Pomfrey," I said, and within a moment Percy was there, gathering her up carefully. 

We'd been separated on the way to the make-shift hospital when a bunch of Death Eaters had come and started attacking us, when I'd managed to break free Percy and Zephy were gone. 

"You could've died," she whispered, tears pooling in her eyes. 

"I didn't," I reassured, kissing my wife softly. 

"Where'd Harry and the others go," Sirius asked. 

"I'm not sure - we were split up."

"Merlin..." he breathed. 

"What happened to you two?" I asked, nodding at the recently dried blood. 

"Tonks..." Remus' voice broke, and I nodded in understanding, her body was amongst those I'd seen lying in the centre of the hall. "It was Dolohov."

"We used to dual together in the club at school," Sirius said, "thank god I remembered his shielding charms were shoddy below the knee or he might've managed to take us out too."

"We're losing so many..." Zephy said quietly. "I don't know where Dray or Harry are."

I couldn't reassure her. There was nothing to say. I pulled her close and could only pray everyone we loved would be okay.

~Zephyra~

"Harry Potter is dead!"

"No!" Screamed Ginny, jolting as though to run forward, only stopping as Arthur held her back.