Mornings at the Burrow

~Zephyra~

"Salazar, Hermione, I don't know what to do?"

She looked amused but was trying to keep a straight face. We were sharing Bill's double bed.

"Okay," she said, her face contorting into a concentrated frown, "so let's think about this logically."

"Yes." I agreed. Logic, I thought was a very Slytherin or Ravenclaw way to address a problem and I was glad. Emotional heart to heart stuff wasn't my venue.

"So," she continued, "you kissed. You liked it. But he's been awful to you in the past what with the prank thing and he's sort of an idiot. Very immature. Doesn't care about school at all - which is concerning, especially as you do. Being with him would also be difficult because of you being in Slytherin and him being in Gryffindor, after everything that's happened you need to keep your head down and dating a Gryffindor probably isn't a good idea."

"Draco too."

"Yes, if Draco found out he could tell your dad. Is there any chance you don't have to go home this Summer? You could send him a letter saying your staying with a friend and stay here."

"Nope," I sighed, "he knows all my Slytherin friends. Besides, he said something about it being an important Summer to be home. Whatever that means."

"Well then. I guess you'll just have to decide whether being with Fred is worth it." She stated simply.

Yes, I thought, yes I will.

"The issue is," she stated, "that this issue isn't at all logical. There are many reasons you shouldn't and he is a completely different person to you. So, unfortunately you might have to resonate more on your feelings in this situation."

I scowled. "Is that really necessary?" She chuckled and I hit her with my pillow. "You should have heard the stuff he said, Hermione. He was being so sweet," I paused, looking up at the ceiling before continuing quietly, "no one's ever said that sort of stuff to me."

"Ron does that sometimes. I'll be doubting myself and he'll just say something like 'you're the brightest person I know, if you can't figure this out no-one can.' But just because someone says something nice to you doesn't mean you have to kiss them."

"I'm not insecure!" I assured. Quietly stowing away what she'd just said about Ron. "As I've said before I have a major God complex. I know I'm brilliant. I just... never heard someone say that out loud before. Especially someone I would say I hated 3 weeks ago."

"You could play it by ear?" She suggested, "just see how it goes and how you feel as it goes on?"

I groaned, "I don't want to play it by ear. I want to have a plan. I'm just not used to having a plan that's not just following the obvious logical strategy."

Hermione hummed in response and then yawned. "Well, we've already said the logical thing would just be to leave him alone but I don't think you can do that." She yawned again.

"Sorry I'm keeping you up."

"I like being kept up by your drama. It's funny."

I groaned again before turning my face into the pillow. I grasped my wand on the bedside table and with a flick the lights went out. We didn't talk again and after a while I could hear soft snores  coming from Hermione's side of the bed. Logically I should leave him. She hadn't even spoken about what would happen if we dated and broke up. I would lose Arthur, Molly, George and Charlie, maybe even Ron, Harry and Hermione too. Selfishly I wasn't sure if I could do that. Merlin, it was easier making decisions before I cared about people. That kiss though.