🦔 Isaac Newton {Fateful Return} [IkeVamp]

Requested by: Applegirl_Misaki

Thank you for your request!!

This is a requested part-two of Isaac's "Just a Dream" segment. Enjoy!! :D
Sorry it was late!!
----

"Aishiteru.. Is it already too late for me to tell you that I love you..? Well.. I do, I really do. No, thats not it.. Hey, Y/N! I love you! Wait, no. Thats weird and its more Arthur-like.. How should I-"

*Knock knock*
*Knock knock*
*Knock knock*
*Knock knock*

"Sir Isaac? Its Sebastian. The others and I are extremely worried!!"

I had expected him to say, "Y/N's back" or "Y/N just walked through the front door and she's waiting for you in the foyer" or something of that nature. But no matter how long I waited, that news never arrived. Never. Ever. Came.

So today's one of those few days that now I'm just 'talking' to Y/N- no, I'm writing.. Yes, I'm writing a letter to her about my feelings. I'm going to do it and make sure it gets preserved. Since this is papyrus and I have her fingerprint from a stamp roll from a long time ago, I sketched out a device that will only open with her fingerprint.

I modeled it after one of Leonardo's ideas, but instead of a word or number code, its a unique fingerprint. Of course, I'll have my fingerprint registered as well, and this is only prototype A, so I dont expect it to work.

So far, I've constructed 6 with Leonardo's help. And Im currently working on one more by myself. But because papyrus desintegrates in vinegar, I think I've broken 2 on my own, and 1 more because Dazai and Arthur rushed past me, causing the vinegar capsule to break inside. It was a loud audible crack, so Im sure they heard it, even after they turned the corner.

Well, trial and error.

Soon, we were all gathered at the dinner table and Sebastian left the room to take care of something. But then he returned, panting, pale as a ghost.

"Monsieurs..!! The door!"

Comte was one of the first to stiffen.

But when it finally finished processing, I felt the heat rush to my face.

It cant be.. Could it-..!??

I immediately stood from my seat and rushed out.

"S-Sir Isaac..!!" Sebastian called out.

W-where's the door?! S-she should be here..?!

I-I dont understand?

I looked around, feeling stressed and disoriented from my lack of nutrients. I could smell her scent, but because I couldn't see straight, it felt as though she was everywhere.. Everywhere I couldn't be.. 

"..I-I shouldn't have let you go.. I'm so sorry!! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry..!" I could feel tears falling from my eyes. My chest cavity felt tight, making it hard for me to breathe. My vision became blurred, and everything looked warped. I closed my eyes tightly and slumped down in a corner. I hugged my knees close to me, letting out a small and quiet whimper.

..Did I really sound like that? Do I need people's sympathy? Maybe, maybe not. 

I dont mean to depress you with my thoughts... I just feel.. torn..

I heard light footsteps echoing through the hall. I made sure no one followed me, so wh- You know what, forget I asked.

"Isaac..!!"

I tilted my head so one eye could focus on the source of the voice. I was still kind of blurry, but I could manage. H/C hair, E/C eyes.. She still looks the same. I closed my eye and tilted my head back down, letting the tears fall freely. I could feel Y/N hugging me, or at least, tried to. I still commend you for trying, though.

"I-I never should have gone through.." She whispered, her voice cracking slightly.

"*sniffle*..It's alright. Th-the important thing is th-that you're back." I said through small hiccups.

I was glad she was back, but.. How??? My understanding was once you went through the door you wouldn't be able to return? So how did she make it back?

"..Are you thinking about how I came back?"

"..I better stop thinking, then."

"No, no, don't do that..!"

"I jest. To answer your question, I was. My turn to ask a question."

"Oh, we're doing that?"

"Ah, ah. My turn."

"..Right. Go on."

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"..Why'd you come back, how did you come back??"

There was silence for several minutes as she thought to herself how to form the words. During that time I stretched out my legs and wiped my tears, as well as hers and closed my eyes.

"..To be completely honest, even I don't know.."

I opened one eye to look at her.

"..What do you mean..?"

"..I don't know... I just went to this church to pray like I always did and then I felt that same pull from a long time ago, and bam! I'm here! Isn't that crazy..?"

"You're right."

Y/N's (Your) POV:

It really has been a super long time since I travelled through time and that door.. I felt really bad about lying to Isaac that I left to forget. I didn't mean to go through. And even though I had more than enough time to make a decision.. I ended up making the wrong one. The weird thing I can only partially understand is why in the world everything back home seemed like I hadn't even left!! And yet, I remembered everything..

But still, I guess telling everyone what happened and telling them it was a dream in the end was okay, but still. Should I tell Isaac everything? I-

"...ey.. Hey, you awake? Y/N..?? Hello?"

I turned my attention back to Isaac as he waved his hand in front of my face.

"I-I'm back ma'am, what is it- Wait, I mean-!!!" I covered my mouth with my hands in sudden realization. From there, I buried my face into his arm which was within reach. I could feel him shaking, but I couldn't hear anything. When I looked up, I saw his head was turned to the window and he had this weird smile on his face, like he was trying not to laugh.

"..Hey... You wanna laugh! And thats not funny because my boss is super bossy and annoying that I wanna go up to her and give her the worst boss ever award."

Okay, now I really wanna punch that lady where it hurts.. Because after I said that.. He burst out laughing!!.. Then again, it felt really refreshing. I haven't heard his voice in a while. And before i knew it, i was laughing too.

He came near me and pulled me close-

"..Hey.. What are you two doing down there?"

Isaac muttered something, so only I could hear.

"What was that?"

"Nothing worth knowing.."

"OK, I get it. I ruined the romantic time, leaving~"

No POV:

As he left, leaving you and Isaac alone, you looked at aleach other and got up, heading to his room. There, he made sure never to let go of you again. And that night was proof of his devotion to you.