🐯Masamune Date {Amnesiac} [IkeSen]

[You may listen to the song beforehand, or when prompted to do so. Enjoy, my fanatical readers!! ^^]

"...Lass..! Hey, Wake up! Y/N!"

Groggily, I sat up, my eyes adjusting to the brightness of my room. As I looked around me, I suddenly saw Masamune, with his perfect face, timing, and body- I mean.. Can you deny it..?

I felt the heat rush to my face. I quickly looked away.

"What the hell are you doimg, Masamune..?!"

He only laughed.

What was going on..? Why can't I remember what happened to me yesterday..?

As if he could read my mind, he answered,

"You took quite a hit to the head yesterday. I don't suppose you know anyone else.. Ieyasu said you might have temporary amnesia. So the headaches should disappear soon."

I nodded.

Then, everything went dark.

"Umm.. Hello sir. May I ask... ...what ...is your name?"

The man in front of me with a handsome face looked stunned as he called for someone named 'Ieyasu'.

Soon enough, a blonde man came in, with a cold yet concerned expression.

"Hello, my name is Tokugawa Ieyasu, dont forget that. The man over there-" He pointed to the brunette with the eyepatch, "-his name is Date Masamune. He took care of you while you were sleeping. I just took care of your wounds."

I looked around.

"Say.. Is there anyone else here besides you both?" I asked, out of curiosity.

"Yes, there is, lass."

"Masamune, please. I'm trying to see how severe this actually is."

Ieyasu cut in. Masamume immediately stopped talking, a serious expression on his face.

"Thank you. Now.. What is your name?" Ieyasu suddenly asked me.

My eyes shot open, wide.

Had I really forgetten my own name..???

"...I-.. I'm incredibly sorry, but I do not know my name."

Ieyasu also was stunned. He stood up.

"Im sorry, there really is nothing I can do about amnesia."

Masamune looked depressed.
(Poor child..)

I sat up, and hugged Masamune, in hopes that it'll give him some peace of mind. But he still had that helpless look on his face.

"I hope you will be okay.. Masamune."

He looked like he was about to cry. I felt sad as well..

"Do you want to know something..?" He asked me, breaking the silence between us.

I nodded quietly.

"We were supposed to get married tomorrow. I cancelled it immediately when you got hit."

"..H-hit..!? I-.. Please, if you are comfortable doing so.. Tell me more."

He nodded quietly at my request, his body shaking a bit. My grip around him became slightly tighter.

He took in one shaky breath ans continued,

"Two days ago.. Someone broke into the castle. You were taking one of your nightly strolls with Shogetsu."

"Shogetsu..?"

"Ah, thats our- I mean.. My pet tiger."

"Oh.."

"As I was saying, someone broke in amd encountered you on one of your nightly strolls around the castle gardens. As you ran, Shogetsu followed behind, stalling for time, just for you to get to safety."

"Is he or she alright..?"

"Yeah. He/She is resting."

(I forgot what gender Shogetsu was. Please tell me in the comments if you know.)

"As you ran, the intruder had his buddies run after you, probably afraid that uou might alert everyone and gain reinforcements. They hit you with a blunt object that made you pass out and fall to the ground. Mitsuhide and Mitsunari, a few friends of ours, are still investigating in what they hit your with."

So thats why my head was throbbing when I woke up earlier... Oh my God. Do I remember myself..? Whats my name..? It was.. Agh, so frustrating!

"...Lass? What are you thinking about?"

"Huh? Oh, sorry. Got lost in thought.. Umm... Lets see.. How is Hideyoshi? Is he still stressed as usual..?"

His face lit up. Albeit, only slightly.

"Y-you remember Hideyoshi?"

"The always-stressed-out Mama Bear of the bunch?? Only just now."

He got up and yelled outside, calling for Ieyasu another time.

The blonde huffed in annoyance as he stepped into the room.

"What is it? You must've called for some reason." He bluntly stated.

"She remembers Hideyoshi. I never even mentioned his name!"

I decided to speak.

"Perhaps I remember him because he left an impression on me.. One that i could actually relate to, probably.." I said.

"Hm.. That could be it. Masamune. Show her around."

Why do they- Oh. They probably just want me to remember my name. Yeah, thats probably it! ...It is,.. Right..??

"Okay. Lass, change your clothes. I'm giving a now personalized tour of Azuchi." He said with a proud smile. But I realized something else. Masamune was still sad. His smile didn't reach his eyes this time.

I got up, and stretched.

"Umm.. do I have a room with spare clothes?"

"Ah, yes.. I'll be back."

••••••------••••••

The day ended as soon as it had started, and i was beginning to grasp what it was like. When i encountered one of the others, or even some of the workers here, they told me a little bit about myself. But one thing still remained.

I still had one more question.

What was my name?..!

When I followed Masamune to his temporary resting place, I hugged him. And unlike the last time I did so..

...He returned the gesture.

"No matter what happens lass.. I will try my best to help you remember who you are, no matter how long it takes. I dont care if I must help you in the next world, even."

He smiled a bittersweet smile, as tears threatened to fall from his exposed eye.

"I will help you.. No matter how long it takes. Okay, kitten? We'll get through this. I promise you wholeheartedly to be by your side, no matter the obstacle."

[You may listen to the song now,  should you choose to do so]

"Mm.. Yes. I will try my best to remember myself. I will try my hardest to be the best version of myself as I possibly can. I will take your advice, as well as everyone else's in order to find the answer to the question with a hole in it. We will pass this. I too, will be by your side, no matter what. Through rain, wind, fire, and earth.. I will be always at your side.. Masamune."

I vowed as well.

With our promises made, and love everlasting, we held hands and slept, awaiting the arrival of the next day.

A new day.. A new beginning.