Chapter 5: Screwed

Last night was one of the best nights I have ever had.
We had a wonderful dinner, she told me so much about herself, her projects, the people she helps out every now and then, followed by her forcing me to get netflix, the password was the date of our first date. I had asked her which movie she was talking about earlier but she refused and got all red. Just what kind of movie was that?
Anyway, we settled on a movie called, 50 First Dates, and we enjoyed it alot.
Quite ironic how it was our first date and we watched, 50 First Dates, Aurora laughed alot and praised Henry for making Lucy fall inlove with him every single day.
She said that that is what true love looks like, the commitment to make her fall inlove with her over and over. Choosing to love her forever no matter what he has to overcome.
We ended the night with me taking her back to the restaurant where she parked her car and said goodbye. I did ask her to stay the night, but she declined, saying that I'm not so lucky yet.

"Boss you need to see this."
Luca comes into the office, breaking my mind away from last night. "What?" He logs onto my computer. "We've extracted the footage of yesterday's incident and this popped up from the women's bathroom."
"I swear if its some pervy shit I will shoot you." He chuckles. "Just watch."
My eyes focus back on the screen, showing the incident happening.
It shows how Aurora enters the bathroom ans she touched up her makeup, clearly nervous. The sound of shooting came, she peeked through the door and then she calls me. The man comes barging in and the gun went flying and he is knocked out, three people barged in and she quickly took care of them until a guy put a gun to her head.
I sit here in shock, "That petite little lady of yours is one hell of a fighter. No wonder they tied her up." When she said the other guys looked worse I thought it was some kind of joke. Guess not.
"Matt, you feel for this woman don't you?"
"That is none of your concern." He chooses to say nothing and for that he is very clever.

~Aurora~

I was on cloud nine! The date with Matteo was amazing, I've never been treated like that by a man. Granted this was my first date ever, but still. It felt really good.
I don't know if what he offered me was true, about paying for uni, but I won't ask him until he confronts me about it again.
After getting ready I decided to send him a message.

Aurora: Morning Matteo, just want to thank you for last night. I really enjoyed it. 💙

I didn't want to send a red heart or anything that might lead him on too much or something. I don't know how men react to this stuff.

Matteo: Pleasure is all mine. Glad the feeling is mutual Mio Angelo ❤️

Not a moment too soon my phone rings. "Matteo hi!" My voice squeaked at the end and I wanted to hide under my bed. I hear him chuckle over the phone. "Mio Angelo, you make the cutest sounds."
Yes I am definitely blushing right now. Dig me a hole so that I'll never come out again!
"Don't chuckle for something you caused!" That only made him laugh. "Alright, anyway I wanted to call you to let you know I was serious about paying for your studies. I got the feeling that you don't really believe me, but I promise you Aurora I will. Apply for every institution you want to go to, no matter where. I'll pay everything." I bite my lip,"Matteo I can't let you..."
"I offered Aurora, please let me do this for you."
I'm going to cave and I know it. Why could he do this to me?
Why?
"Alright, but on one condition." Now to think about that condition. "Name it Mio Angelo."
Think! Think! Think!
"Take me on the best date ever and I'll let you pay for my studies." I blurted out.
Really, that's all I could come up with? Great Rory, just great.
"Deal, see you soon Mio Angelo."
I think I just digged myself a hole. Matteo is rich! He can take me anywhere, that kind of slipped my mind.
I'm screwed.

~Matteo~

Now I just need to plan a date, I've never done that before. My usual plan that involves dating is taking them to a one of my pubs and then mess around a bit, but Aurora is special. It can't be like that. I need to make this memorable. Time to hit the internet and see what ideas they have.

~Aurora~

I've been helping Mrs Baker today with baking cupcakes for one of the children in our packs birthday party. I've been enjoying it alot. The party is disney themed and I designed and made all the costumes for the kids that will attend myself and that was a huge paycheck in my pocket.
My cell rings and I see it's my dad. "Hi Daddy."
"Hi Sweety, how are you doing?"
"I'm doing great, I've been designing costumes for little Racheal's birthday and helping Mrs Baker. How are things on your end?"
I hear him sigh, "Well we've hit a stag of a problem and it's going to take a lot more than a week to fix this problem." My father sounds so tired over the phone.
"Ahw, that means you are not comming home." As overprotective my father is, I love him very much and ultimately, I'm a daddy's girl. "Sorry sweetheart, but we'll try to get back as soon as possible. You'll be oky right?" I roll my eyes. "Dad I'm 20,I'll be fine." I hear him chuckle. "Indeed, my girl is growing up." He dramatically sniffs and we laugh. "Stay safe sweetheart, your mom will call you tonight somewhere."
"Bye Daddy, send my love."
"I will. Love you Rory."
"Love you too, Daddy."

~Matteo~

The internet did have great ideas about dates and under normal circumstances, I might have considered them, but somehow I can't see how this would be the best date for Aurora. Sure she would enjoy it, but I had to make the date last. I want her to remember this date when she is 80. She'll tell our grandchildren about the date.
That made me pause everything.
Did I just say, 'our grandchildren'?
I pour myself a whiskey and downed it quickly.
Fuck, I'm screwed.

🌸🌸🌸

Any ideas on the date that they should go on?