Chapter 13: Meeting The Parents

~Ethan~

"I can't believe he and our Rory are a thing." Madeline says.
"I know Butterfly. What is she thinking? He's dangerous!" Madeline brings me down for a kiss. "I'm sorry to burst your bubble Wolfie, but anyone can see he is smitten with her and the feeling is mutual."
"But he's..."
"Still a man you trust despite knowing who he is." She finished my sentence and gives me that knowing Luna smile of hers.
"But still, I would have never expected this. Aurora and Matteo." We look at the couple from across the room, Matteo was speaking to someone with his hand on Rory's back. Constantly checking on her.
"They're perfect." She whispers.
"I hate it when you are right."
Xavier stood next to us. "She still needs to go home and talk to her parents."
I looked at him, "You were a little harsh on her you know." Xavier frowned and looked at Aurora.
"It's my duty to look after the pack and their wellbeing."
I feel so proud of my son right now. He is truly an amazing alpha.

~Aurora~

Inside I was freaking out, the Alpha gave his order and I couldn't disobey that even if I lost my wolf, the instinct is still there. I still have my abilities, just not my wolf.
The party ended and Matteo helped me in the car.
"Matteo, you need to take me back home to my parents." I say once he gets in the car as well.
"Aurora what is going on? Why do you listen to Xavier? How do you know him?"
I sit back in my seat and try to calm myself.
"I wish I could explain, but I can't right now, but you have to take me home."
The look on his face was obvious to me, he didn't like it at all.
"Please Matty." He closes his eyes as if he is fighting with himself.
"Alright."

We said nothing on the way to the house, the air felt uncomfortable. I wanted to say something, but my mind was swirling with what I was going to say.
All to soon we stopped at my house.
Matteo gets out and opens the door for me. I get out and Matteo gets ready to go into the car but I stop him.
"Matteo!" I grab his sleeve and he stops walking, he didn't meet my eyes. My heart already melted for him. I bring his face to he looks at me.
"Matteo come in with me please, I need you next to me." He stares at me and I knew he would cave.
"Alright Love, anything for you."

I slowly opened the door and the house felt completely different. The lights are off except the lamp in the living room. There is my father in the couch in a state I haven't seen him in.
"Daddy?"
He's completely out of it. He should have smelled me already or heard me enter, but he was frozen.
I let Matteo stand in the kitchen and I kneeled before him. "Daddy?" His head finally snapped up and it looks like he has seen a ghost. "Rory?" His hand slowly goes up to feel my face. My heart broke seeing my dad like this.
"I'll listen to what you have to say." I said, how could I not when he looked like this.
Tears form in his eyes. "Oh Rory, I shouldn't have done what I did." His voice breaks.
"Daddy calm down, I'm here. I'll listen to what you have to say. It's going to be oky."
I sit next to him and he fumbled with his hands.
"You know the crap part of being in packs is we need contacts of the underground world, you know this." I nod and he continues.
"The deal was going south and it would be terrible if I lost it and Xavier was counting on me, I knew he was dealing with some shady bussines and we needed to take him out. The only perfect solution that we came up with was for you to be a fake fiancé until we could knock him down. For you to be our inside man and get everything we needed to take him down."
He grabs my hands.
"Rory I'm so sorry, I don't know what came over me and at the time it felt like the perfect plan."
I couldn't argue, it was perfect plan.
"But I was so stupid, I don't know."
I could understand where he was comming from and it irked me that I understood his reasoning.
"Daddy, I understand what you did, but you have to understand you seriously hurt me Dad. It broke my heart the thaught of how you would just sell me out like that, atleast before consulting me. I was completely blindsided by this."
"Honey I know I sorry, I'm already working on taking it back and..."
"Dad, don't worry, it's oky now everything is fine." He frowned, "What do you mean?" I blushed and played with my fingers. I do this when I'm nervous and it's a habit I don't think I can shake.
"I...I have been seeing someone and he, well, he kinda fixed it." I bite my lips when he frowned again only deeper. "I don't understand."

~Matteo ~

So here I stand like and idiot in Aurora's parents home waiting for, well I don't know.
I don't even know why I feel so mad that Auora is back home.
I didn't want her here, I want her with me at my place.
While lost in my thaught I didn't notice how someone came and threw me on the ground in a deathlock. "Who are you? What are you doing here?" I heard a growling noise.
What the fuck?
"Mom!" Aurora stormed into the kitchen and ripped off the woman, who I now know as her mom.
Looks like it is like mother like daughter when it comes to their strength.
"Aurora you're home?" Her mom says in shock, and stands close to her father. I stood up and fixed my suit. Aurora checked over me and sighed. She turned to her parents.
"Mom, Dad, this is Matteo, we've been seeing each other for a while now and he is the reason why the fiancé thing is solved."
They looked at me like they couldn't believe what Aurora just said. "Come again sweety?" Her mother asked.
"Let's go to the living room, oky." Aurora said like she was speaking to toddlers and dragged me to the living room.
They slowly took a seat across from us.
"Oky Sweety, we're listening."
"First off, Matteo, this is my mother, Dawn, and my father, Austin." She introduced us and I shook their hands and then looked to Aurora.
"Well, I met Matteo on Nanika's birthday and we kind of hit if off." She smiled at me when she said that and a small smile escaped my lips. She played with her hands nervously and I took them in mine.
"And when Matteo heard who I was getting engaged to he immediately went into action and he told me tonight that the deal was settled."
Before her father could reply his cellphone rings.
"Hello."
"Oh, I see." He said and looked at me. "I'm glad that everything worked out." and he ended the call.
"It's true, you really did solve it."
"I would do anything for her sir." I told him and I swear I could hear a growl comming from somewhere.
"Thank you so much Matteo for what you did, truly." Her mother smiled and went over to hug me and then she sat with her husband again.
We all sat in silence for a moment before Aurora yawed. "Well we better get going." She stood up but her father was quick to stop her. "Sweety aren't you comming back home?" I feel that pit in my stomach grow.
I want Aurora with me.

🌸🌸🌸

So where is Aurora's wolf and what happened?