Chapter 27: A Werewolf Thing

"So I thought she didn't have a wolf?"

I took a big gulp of coffee. I really feel like having something stronger. Seeing Aurora in pain and then turn into a wolf drained me completely.
"You are correct, she shouldn't have one." Austin said.
"The goddess works in mysterious ways Matteo, tonight being one of them. She granted Aurora a wolf and it seems like you are her mate." Madeline said, Ethan placed her on his lap and he nuzzled her neck. Like that was a normal action to do.
"But, didn't her mate die, and in so she lost her wolf?"
"Correct, but second chance mates are a thing and it seems you are hers."
Austin said.
"Soo, it's like we are together..."
"Till death do you party Mr Mafia." Austin completed my sentence and I try to find the words of what to say.
"So help me if you reject..."
"Give me your blessing to marry her."

~Aurora/Belina~

I woke up with the longing of my mate. Aurora was still healing from our shift. She really was in so much pain and I could only heal her so much, but I knew who could help us faster.

I got into the shower, dressed and followed Matteo's scent.
I found him with my mother and father in the living room.
Without saying much I plop myself down on his lap and nuzzled my face into his nec, growling happily. Smelling his sweet sweet scent, rendering me to sleep with his body heat surrounding me.

~Matteo~

I stared at Aurora's sleeping figure on my lap, running my fingers through her hair.
"She must still be recovering from her shift. Being near you helps her heal faster." Dawn said, looking fondly at Aurora.
"I meant to ask, is it like a werewolf thing to nuzzle your head into your mate's neck and sniff them?"
They laughed. "Oh yes, it's where your scent is the strongest. It keeps our wolf at bay when feeling any overwhelming emotion. Sometimes we do it because we are content with being with our mate. You guys are newly mates, so she is going to do that alot. Especially because you are not marked yet."

Marked?

"What do you mean?"
"It means she has to bite your neck. You will receive a mark that state that you are hers as much as she is your." Austin said while exposing his collar, showing his mark.
"Not to sound like a pissy, but how much will that hurt?"
"Mmmmm, can't say for sure it differs from person to person, and, wel, uhm...", Austin looked uncomfortable and Dawn rolled her eyes and giggles.
"What he is trying to say is, it all depends on how much pleasure the one receiving the mark has at that moment. Most pleasurable and least painful will be during the peak of lovemaking." She blandly stated and I couldn't look them in the eyes.
"I see."
Suddenly Aurora growled on her sleep, "Mine." She whispered in her sleep while growling that turned into a purr when I stroked her back.

"Did something happen at your parents to make her trigger this?" Oh gosh.
"Uhm, my mother is not the most inviting person. She did invite my ex to have dinner with us, Aurora kept playing it cool till she asked to go to the bathroom and kow we're here."
"Ah so it was the girl." Dawn said, "Advice to stay clear from your ex them, Aurora is very unstable and her emotions on high right now. Anything could set her off if she feels threatened or if you feel threatened by someone. She will rip that poor lady apart and let her cool down before you visit your parents again."
Austin huffed than growled. "Just who do they think they are, not approving of my girl! She's perfect! Why would Matteo need his dahmmed ex?" Austin flipped, his eyes changing between colours and that worried me, Dawn practically shoved his face in her neck. "Calm down my Mate."
She whispered and I saw how he calmed down from a beats to a teddy bear.
Good to know these things.
"It's late Matteo, why don't you two go to bed. We'll see you in the morning."
I nod and slowly stood up as to not wake Aurora. "Thank you and goodnight."
"Night."

I gently placed Aurora in the bed and she frowned when she lost contact with me. I quickly undressed and got on next to her. The moment she felt me se was on top of me, her head resting in the crook of my neck.
"Well then." I whisperer and kissed her head. "Night my dearest." and soon exhaustion took over and I was out like a rock.