Chapter 12: Donna

I am so nervous right now, I mean it's a mafia ball for crying out loud!
"Mio Angelo, you look absolutely breathtaking."
Matteo says at the entrance of my room.
"You look equally as dashing, Matty." He pouts. "Matty, really, you're sticking with that name?" I walk over to him and peck his cute pouty lips. "Yes, Matty, because I want to call you Matty." I say with all the confidence and my biggest smile. He takes a deep breath and I knew he gave in.
"Fine, just for you."
He place his hands on my hips and drags me closer to him. He claimed my lips and I wrap my arms around his neck to bring him closer to me.
We fight for dominance and we break free, "Dio donna mi fai impazzire!" I giggle and kissed him one more time. "Are you ready to go my love?" I nod. He gives me one more look and smile. "You look more beautiful every second I look at you." I blushed once again.
"Stop being so smooth." I slap him with my purse as I walk out and he chuckles.

"You are staying by my side the whole night or at least with Antonio or Luca because you look way to sexy to be left alone

"You are staying by my side the whole night or at least with Antonio or Luca because you look way to sexy to be left alone."
"Alright Matty. Don't worry."
He helps me in the car and we drive off.

~Matteo~

Aurora really looked beautiful, I wanted nothing more than to keep her here instead of taking her to the ball, but I have a feeling that if I did that she will be very mad at me. She worked hard on the dress. I've barely seen her these last two days. It was scary how much I missed her even if she wa still with me. She really is turning my life around.

We arrive at the venue and it was already packed. "Are you nervous?"
She shakes her head. "No, I'm kind of used to it, this is just a much grander scale. My father usually takes me along with business."
I wonder what kind of man her father is. I didn't really do a background check on her, I couldn't find it in my heart to betray her like that.
We stopped at the entrance and Aurora frowns.
"Is everything alright?" I worried. She shakes her head yet again and we walked on.
I had a feeling something was bothering her, but I'll let it go for now.

Entering the building I saw the last person I wanted to see, Harold Ricciardi. I could already feel my knuckles twitching to beat his ass up.
Luca and Antonio soon joined my side.
"Antonio, stay with Aurora, Luca you're with me." I kiss Aurora and she smiles. She can only smile like that for me.
I walk up behind Harold. "I heard you acquired yourself a fiancé?" He jumps and turns around.
"A Rossi! Yes, indeed I have. A very lovely thing." Harold smirks and I wanted nothing more than to put a bullet through his head.
"Yeah, about that, we need to talk." He was about to say no, but the gun Luca was pressing on his back made him think twice.
"Sure thing Rossi."
We casually walk till I found a room and I threw him in.
"What's this about? As far as I know I did nothing wrong to you."
I swing my gun around my finger.
"Now see, that is where you are wrong. You've committed a crime against me that no one would ever dare to."
Harold was shivering in his boots. I smirk, I love it when they get like that.
"Now you see, I met a girl a while ago, we've been dating eversince." I sit in front of him.
"So imagine how I felt, when my girl came crying that she was forced to be engaged to someone named Harold Ricciardi."
The classic look of horror laced his face.
"Now I don't know about you, but I'd pretty much would have killed the man already, so you being alive, right now, is because of me." He gulped.
"Now this can go one of three ways." I hold my hand out to count the options for him.
"One, you call her father and tell her the deal is off. Two, I beat you to a pulp till you call the deal off. Three, I just kill you and make it look like an accident. Now, I don't know about you, but I like nunber three, but I'm feeling nice since my woman looks so beautiful tonight. So you get to choose an option." I give him a smirk and he falls back on his chair trying to get away from me.
"Isn't that nice of me?" I point the gun at him.
"I'll call her father! Please, don't kill me! I beg you!" I put my gun away.
"Wonderful, you have until the end of the night." He calmed down, but that didn't last long before I punched him in the gut and he falls over. I really wanted to shoot him, but can't cause a scene now.
"Don't think of coming near my woman, are we clear?"
"Yes!" He wheeze out. I pat his cheek.
"Good, now enjoy the rest of the evening, Harold." I stopped and turn around, "Actually, I think you should just leave, the thaught that you will breathe the same air as her will piss me off."
Like a bobble head he agrees and scrambles off.

When I entered the ballroom my eyes immediately found Auora. Antonio was by her side, talking to her.
She smiles when she sees me comming.
"Matteo, did everything go well with your deal?" she askes while fixing my tie.
I kiss her cheek and she blushed.
Cute.
"Yes, indeed. Sono orgoglioso di dire che non sei più fidanzata." I say and she smiles, her eyes tearing up a bit. She understood me, she really is learning fast.
"Matteo are you serious!" I nod and she hugs me tight.
"Thank you Matteo." She pulls back and I see a tear escape her eye. I carefully wipe it away and admire her beautiful smile.
"I would move heaven and earth for you Aurora." I whispered.
Our moment didn't last long because of an interruption.
"Mr Rossi, it's good to see you again."
I turn around, "Mr Black, welcome, I'd like you to meet my Donna." I bring Aurora from behind me and she paled. Ethan had a confused scowl face on.
"Aurora?" Auora didn't meet Ethan's eyes.
"Hello Sir." I'm seriously missing a big piece of information here.
"Rory is that you?"
I woman yells and the next thing she is engulfed into a hug.
"Oh thank goodness you are save, you have no idea how worried your parents are they are going nuts. I haven't seen him this depressed, you should come home."
It was Madeline, Ethan Black's wife. Rumors are that she is a force to be reckoned with.
Madeline checks over Aurora like a mother would to see if she was fine.
"I, uhm, I am fine, I've been staying with Matteo." She mumbles. Madeline turns to me and smile.
"Thank you for taking care of her Matteo." She shakes my hand.
"It's no trouble Madeline, I have no problem looking after my Donna." I say and her eyes grew as she looks at Aurora and then back to me.
"Oh my, I had no idea." She fans herself with her hand and took a deep breath. Her eyes held so much conflict.
Just what is her connection to the Black Family?
"Auora, dear, go home after tonight, talk things out with your parents, let them explain. You know your father better than anyone, he would never put you in harms way." She tells Aurora and I see her looking at the ground.
I didn't like the fact that Madeline felt the need to say such things to her.
Madeline smiles at me one last time before walking away. Leaving just me, Auora and Ethan, Xavier, his son soon joins us.
Xavier gave Aurora a hard glare, "Auora, you will not see Matteo until you sort everything out with your parents." It was like he was a total different man when he said that. It was something he never seen Xavier do.
Auora looks at me with tears in her eyes.
"Ethan, Xavier you can't just..."
"Matteo, as much respect I hold for you, you have no bussines in this matter." Ethan says.
If I could I could fight against him, but he is a very dangerous man and very mysterious. No one that crossed paths with him makes it.
"Ethan, I just want what is best for her."
"Then take her home." He locks me in a death glare and then leaves, Xavier following him.
I hug Aurora, "You don't have to go love."
"I don't have a choice." Her voice breaks at the end and I only hold her tighter. She brakes free and walks away.
"Matteo, you may not understand now, but if Aurora wishes it, you'll understand soon enough." Xavier said from behind me.
"Come we need to talk." Xavier was every bit as frightening and Ethan. Like father like son.

🌸🌸🌸

Dio donna mi fai impazzire
God woman you drive me crazy

Sono orgoglioso di dire che non sei più fidanzata.
I'm proud to say you're no longer engaged