Chapter 9: Tear Stained Love

~Aurora~

It's been two weeks since I've seen Matteo. He had to go on a bussines call that he had to go over seas so yeah. We've been texting and calling alot so atleast that is that. I looked down at my sketch and frowned, I haven't even gotten that far.
Maybe I miss Matteo alot more than I should.
Is there even a rule or something that says how much you can miss someone?
Well I do visit, Giada at her place and help her out with the animals. Rosie and Brutus are now attached to my hip when I am there. I've grown to love them so much.

A car stopping at the garage got my attention. I immediately rushed down.
"Daddy!"
He wasn't even out of the car yet when I jumped on him. "Hey my baby girl." He luckily catched me and kissed my cheeks. "I didn't think you were comming back this week."
"Well, we kind of got some common ground." My father couldn't look me in the eyes.
Something was wrong. The door to the other side slammed closed. My mother didn't look happy at all. "Mother?"
"Austin, let's not put this out any longer."
"Dawn please." My father begged.
"No."
She walked into the house with us following her. I was so confused, mother never looked this angry at dad before. Did the deal not go well?
"Mom, Dad, what is going on?"
My mother embraced me into a hug, very tightly.
"Honey, no matter what we tell you right now. Know that we love you and there was no other choice, but you have to listen to the whole story first please " I break free from her.
"You guys are scaring me right now."
They sat across from me in the living room. "You, uhm, remember that deal that was difficult?" My father began.
"Yes, about the trading and something went wrong and people died?"
"Yes, well we reached an ultimatum."
I didn't like where this is going, my heart was not feeling good now. "You have an arranged marriage to Mr Harold Ricciardi." I must have heard wrong, but the look on my mother's face said it all. "You can't be serious? Daddy!" He really couldn't look me in the eyes.
"I... I don't understand."
"Honey.."
"No! Don't honey me! You let this happen!"
"Rory please let us explain, it's not what it looks like." My mother stood up to comfort me but I stepped away.
I don't know if it's because I miss Matteo or what, but I was overwhelmed.
"No! I don't want to understand. What I see is how you basically sold your only daughter! I might love someone else for heavens sake!" I yelled and stormed out the door with my car keys.
My heart was beating wildly, it was so hard to see with the tears in my eyes.

I speed away to Matteo's house. He might not be there but he gave me the keys and right now I was grateful for that.

~Matteo~

Why did I have to get a bullet wound? Well atleast it hit my shoulder and nothing important. I'm like a canvas of bulletwounds.
"Glad to see you look better." Luca comes into the infirmary with flowers. "Really Luca? Why do you have flowers with you?" He pouts. "Is this not what people give to people in the hospital?" I rolled my eyes.
He's so serious in front of everyone else accept me.
"Anyway, here is your phone."
I ripped it away from him, luckily I have a code on it.
I didn't need him snooping around on my phone.
On my lockscreen, it was Aurora with Rosie and Brutus.
"Thank you, now can your annoying ass just leave me in peace." With grumbling about how ungrateful I am, he walked out.
It really amazed me how Luca would act so bizarre around me, but a total badass to everyone else.
I immediately called Aurora, but she didn't pick up. After the third time trying to call her I knew something was up.
"Luca!" He rushed into the room again. "Get the jet ready I need to go home." By the look on my face I knew he wouldn't dare ask what is wrong.

I tracked her phone and she was at my house. I wondered why she was there.
"Aurora!" I yelled when I got into my house. I looked in every room and my mind was going wild with what could have happened to her, that is until I find her in my bedroom.
Should've looked here first.
"Aurora?"
I get closer to the bed. She was fast asleep under my comforter, but I frowned when I see the dry stained tears on her face.
I desperately wanted to wake her up to know what was wrong, but I couldn't get myself to do that.
I gently placed my hand on her cheek. "What happened Mio Angelo?" I whispered, knowing I won't get an answer now. Instead I lay behind her so I can cuddle her, atleast I have a good shoulder.

I woke up shortly after I fell asleep, Aurora was still asleep. So here I waited for her pretty eyes to open up.
She shifted to turn around and rested on my shoulder. I see her frowning and I chuckled at her. Her eyes slowly opened and she jumped from the bed. "Matteo?" She frowned and wiped her eyes and then looked at me again. A smile breaks through on her face and she jumped on me and I let out a grunt.
"Matteo!"
I couldn't get a word in because my lips were quickly covered by hers. "I missed you Matteo." She whispered. I softly kissed her again. "I missed you as well."
"Sorry that I'm here Matteo." She mumbled.
"Not that I mind you staying here Love, but I'm more worried about that tear stained, puffy face of yours." Her face paled and I knew something was really wrong.
I sit up and pulled her closer to me.
"Aurora, you know you can tell me anything." She began to cry and I held her tight against me. Ignoring the pain that went through my shoulder. "Shhh, it's oky, I'm here for you." I try to console her.
It seemed to have worked because she calmed down.
"I'll tell you what I know, but stay calm." She finally tells me. "I'm always calm around you." She bit her lip. "My parents, they uhm, arranged a marriage to this guy called Harold Ricciardi." My whole body froze. "Matteo?" She carefully called out to me.
"Aurora."
I calmly say her name and cup her cheek. "You are mine and mine alone. I won't let anyone take you from me understand?" She blushed and nods. "I happen to know that bastard, I'll pay him a visit." Her eyes grew. "You're not gonna kill him are you?"
I smirk. "Don't worry Mio Angelo." I kissed her head. "I should be the one to worry, seeing as you are injured." She frowned and I looked at my shoulder. "Come on let me take a look." She dragged me to the bathroom and got the medical kit out that I have under the sink.
I literally had no say in her actions.
She frowned. "You are suppose to be resting, why did you come all the way back Matteo?" She scolded while cleaning my wound. "Well I called you and didn't answer and then I couldn't get through to you and I just knew something was wrong."
The sting on the disinfectant made me winced. "And being the man I am and who you are to me, I was worried about you. I couldn't be miles away from you if I knew there was something wrong with you." She blushed while tending to my wound. "It wasn't nessisary Matteo, we've only know each other for about a month or so."
She mumbled.
I cupped her cheek and smiled down at her face that is heavily concentrated on tending to my wound.
"It doesn't change the way I feel about you Aurora."