Chapter 28: Mother

~Matteo~

The following week we stayed at Aurora's parents house. Aurora was attached to me and wouldn't let me go. If by some miracle I left her she would soon find out and growl, sniffing me out. She'd then jump on me and nuzzle her face in my neck. I would then whisper comforting words that everything is alright and that I'm not going anywhere.
The last two days were better and I could actually go to the bathroom in peace instead of her clawing and whining in her wolf form for me to open up. Dawn and Austin naturally found it funny and didn't help at all to keep Aurora distracted. Just saying, 'Sorry Mr Mafia, she's all yours.'
It is now safe to assume my nickname is mr Mafia, Madeline was alot of help by teaching me everything about mates.

"Ready to go dearest?" Belina still had control over Aurora's body. Madeline said that because she shifted when she was an adult she takes longer to heal so her wolf will mostly be present. Belina was very similar to Aurora but she had her own quirks as well. Belina has an obsession with jelly bears, not jelly babies, jelly bears. Saying the bears are way better than the baby ones.
"I am mate."
We said goodbye to her parents and left.

The moment we reached the inside of the house she changed into her wolf. Rubbing herself all over the place. Austin said she would do this, 'marking' her territory. I chuckled at her but let her be.

My phone rings the moment Belina starts to growl towards the door, already back in her human form. I went to her and pressed her head in my neck like an automatic response.
"What is it Luca?" I bark out while trying to calm Aurora down.
"Warning that your parents are barging into your yard."
So that is why Aurora is growling.
"Well fuck, thanks Luca."
I ended the call and turned so I was facing Belina.
"Belina, please calm down." I begged, her canines growing and her eyes shining brighter.
"They tried to take me away fron you! No one will dare take you away from me!" She growles. I forced myself not to get turned on by her possessiveness. I held her face in my hands and pressed our heads together. "Look at me Dearest, no one is going to take you away from me. You're my mate as I am your mate." She calmed down, regaining her composure.
"Fine, but so help me Matteo if they try. I'm going to dress into something."
Indeed help them if they try something.

Aurora was just upstairs when I opened the doors for my parents.
"Where were you!? We've been trying to get ahold of you!"
Trying to not make my werewolf girlfriend rip you to shreds.
"Busy. Now what do you want mother?"
My father pushed her forward a bit. "Go on Lauryn." Mother scowled and sighed.
"I, I want to apologize for my behavior with Aurora at the dinner."
My father stared holes at my mother, "And for trying to set you up with your ex, but she is a really lovely girl and I don't get why..."
"Mother please, for once trust my judgment. You will not change my mind. Aurora is the one that I love and if you don't understand that we've got nothing further to discuss." I stare her down, she held my gaze and then sighed.
"I'll admit that I was too haste to judge, but can you blame me? There arw alot of women who only want you for your money child. I will not stand by while they misuse you."
I pinched my nose, "And what made you think Aurora is such a woman?"
She opens her mouth then closed it. "I...well...you see..."
"You'll admit you were influenced by Candice, yes?"
She wanted to deny it but with one look from me she cast her eyes away.
"Maybe just a little bit."
"Thank you for comming mother, but now is not the best time for me. Please see yourself out." I knew she had alot more to say, but right now I have my mate to think about.

I find her fast asleep on my bed, hugging all the pillow
I chuckled, so much for dressing and meeting me downstairs.