Chapter 6: Hell & Costumes

~Matteo~

The smell of blood, urine and smoke enters my nose, it feels almost like a type of nostalgic.
Peoples shouting echoing through the building and sounds of my men beating up our enemies.
"Boss, the guys are ready for you." I throw my sigarette on the ground. "Let's get started." My blood already boiling.
There, tied up, was the four men. The four men who dared to touch Aurora. "Welcome to hell boys!" Their heads jereked up. I played with the knife between my hands. "Or rather you will wish you were in hell after I'm done with you."
I smirk at their fear struck faces.

~Aurora~

I've been up all night and now the sleep is catching up. I go the the kitchen to brew me some tea. Camomile always helps me to calm down after a night like last night.
My phone dinged and by the special tone I set for Matteo, I knew it was him messaging me.

Matteo: Morning Bella, did you sleep well?

I look at the phone in confusion. Just who is Bella?

Aurora: I think you've got the wrong number.

Matteo: This is Aurora I'm speaking to right?👀

Aurora: Yes, not Bella.

Not a moment later my phone rings and I see that it is Matteo. Probably trying to explain his mixup with the names. I answer the phone.
"Matteo." I greet.
"Aurora, Mio Angelo, correct me if I'm wrong. But do you think I have other girls lining up, one being the name Bella." Blushing at that fact, I mumble a quiet yes and he laughs. "Oh my Aurora, are you already possessive over me?"
"Now I know you are just toying with me Matteo." I say between his laughs. "Aurora my dear, Bella means beautiful in Italian. I'm Italian, you should have picked up on the by now Mio Angelo."
I'm really embarrassed right now. "I might have forgotten that for a moment."
"That's all right, so now that we are talking. Did you sleep well?"
"I didn't really sleep per se." I pour the tea and took a sip. Oh heaven!
"Why didn't you sleep? Is everything alright?" I could hear how worried he was over the phone and it made me smile.
"Yes yes, I'm helping with a birthday party. It is a Disney themed party and all the kids wanted costumes and the mothers came to me. I got all the kids costumes and everything and then the mothers called me and said they wanted costumes for them as well. So I had to pull an all nighter to get most of the costumes done because the party is tomorrow and I had to measure them late afternoon and I still need to do alot." I ramble and Matteo listened.
"Well that sounds like you have alot on your plate. Will you be able to finish?"
"Yes, I'm just going to take a quick nap and then I'm going to work full speed."
"Well then, let me not keep you from your sleep, good luck Mio Angelo."
"Thanks Matteo, have a lovely day."

I feel energized after Matteo called me and I wanted to get back to work, but I knew I needed to take a nap now or else I won't be able to finish.

~Matteo~

Thinking of how jealous Aurora was when I called her Bella made me smile like no tomorrow. I'm not a fan of jealous girls, but on Aurora it was absolutely cute.
"Man you freak me out with that smile. Why are you smiling like a creep?" Luca comes into my office. "None of your concern Luca. What do you need?"
"Just to let you know the deal goes down tonight." I smirk and light up my sigarette. "Everything is set up then?"
"Yes."
"Great those pesky mosquitoes won't know what hit them, they will regret the moment they messed with us."

A text came though and I see that is was Aurora.

Aurora: Thanks for the call. 📞🌸💙

I think I'm in trouble.

"Oky, stop smiling, you're freaking me out!" Luca yells and runs out of my office like the dramatic person he is.

~Aurora~

I finally finished after working hours nonstop. I fall on my bed to relax and just then my alarm went off. Alright, time to get freshened up. The mothers and kiddies will be here in 40 minutes to collect their outfits. So I had to drag myself off my bed and into a shower.

The shower was welcoming and I feel refreshed. Right now I am lining up the costumes to each family so everything can go smoothly. With 10 minutes to spare I quickly made myself a cheese sandwich and scarfed it down.
I finished just in time because the front door bell rings.

"Annie welcome." I greet the mother and the two girls. "Oh Rory I must thank you for doing this for us at such a last minute." She hands me a thick and envelope. "Annie this is way to much!" I shrieked when looking at the cash. "Oh nonsense girl, look at how beautiful these outfits are and especially mine. It looks like you had months to make the dress. How could I not repay you."
"Thank you Annie."
I helped them into their outfits and when they were done the doorbell rings again. "Just in time, please enjoy the party Annie."
"In this beautiful and comfy dress and two happy girls, how could I not. Thank you again sweety." and they left. The whole morning went like this. Mothers and kids comming and and I help them into their outfits. Them leaving all smiling and happy. This was one of my biggest projects yet. I can't believe I pulled it off, 40 kids, 25 mothers, yeap.

All the tiredness crashed on me when my adrenaline went away. With much trouble I make myself some tea and plop down on one of the couches. The envelopes of cash laid in a basket untouched. Well I guess I should start counting.

By now I was a crying mess, my hands are shaking. This was, I couldn't even describe the feeling. After I counted the cash I realized it was all way too much. I called each and every client to make sure it was correct and they indeed confirmed that the money they gave me was well earned money. I cried, I couldn't stop.