Chapter 14: The Truth About Me

Aurora sighed, "Look Daddy, it doesn't mean that we made up that I will come back." She looked at me and smiled.
"I'm going home with Matteo." If my heart could explode from happiness, it would do so right now.
Thee mafia boss, Matteo Rossi, happy?
"But I don't understand, Sweetheart." He scowled at me. Clearly I am not his biggest fan right now.
"Dad, I'm old enough to make my own decisions and right now, that is being with Matteo." She said nothing else and walked out of the house.
I looked back at her parents, her father had a sneer on his face and her mother's eyes held something like hope.
"I promise I'll take good care of her." I say before leaving, also leaving my card incase they need to reach me. No need to make them hate me more tham right now for taking their girl away from them.

Aurora is already in the car waiting and I get in. "Are you sure about this Love?" I held her hand and brushed my thumb over her knuckles.
"Grave come un infarto."
"Oky Love." I start the car to go home. Mine and Aurora's home.
Our home.

When we got home she immediately got rid of her heels. "I wish heels could be more comfortable." She mumbled while jumping on one leg to get rid of her other shoe.
It was comical to watch her. She immediately turns around and pointed her heel at me. "Don't you dare laugh at me Matteo Rossi!" That made me laugh even more.
"But you're so cute jumping to get out your heels." She pouted, "Well, whatever. I'm going to wash up."
I loosened my tie.
"I'll be in my office, I just need to check a few details."
"Oh, how long wil you be?"
"Uuuhhm, half an hour at most." She kissed my cheek, "Oky." and she runs upstairs.
She seemed a little different, I don't know what it is, but she is.
If I had to bet my money on it, I would say it involved Mr Black and his son Xavier.

~Aurora~

It has been one month since the ball and I was so nervous right now, I'm telling him about my history tonight. Alpha Xavier already gave his blessing along with Madeline and Ethan, I didn't want to tell my parents yet. They would worry so much. It's just that I realized that I love him and I can't hide this from him anymore. If I have to wait any longer I might fall to deeply and if he rejects me my heart would not make it.
I asked him if he could see me tonight after his meeting and he agreed.

Faster than expected he knocked on my door and I tell him to come in. "Aurora, Amore mio, what is wrong you looked so stressed?"
I take a deeo breath but I still feel my body shaking.
"Matteo I need to tell you something that might... That might make you despise me."
He immediately takes me in his arms and holds me tight. I look into his eyes, took his face and connected our lips.
I kissed him with so much passion, as if it was my last kiss, because it might be.
"Aurora?"
I sit him down with me on the bed.
"I want you to listen to everything before you react oky."
Confused as he was, he agreed.
"I'm not a normal person, you know Xavier Black, he is my Alpha. In our community it means he is the leader. We are what humans call werewolfs and every werewolf has a soulmate."
He didn't blow up yet so I continued, nerves and all.
"And on our 16th to 18th birthday we can find our mates, they complete us, but they can also be our downfall. When they die we become a shell of ourselves. Now if your mate dies before you even met. you would still feel it. The pain is unbearable and often leads to the other mate dying soon after."
I feel tears flowing in my eyes. "My mate died when I was two and I lost my wolf because the pain was too much, I was just a toddler. Only my abilities as a werewolf remained."
Still he said nothing.
"I know I seem crazy to you right now, but please believe me it's the truth!"

~Matteo~

Now what Xavier said to me at the ball made sense...

I was on my way to her when Xavier stopped me at the ball.
"Matteo, I know what I said to Aurora seems harsh, but I have my reasons." We looked at Aurora and Madeline laughing together.
"Matteo, you love her right?"
I didn't need to answer when he saw the look in my eyes.
"So believe her when she tells you about herself, agter she tells you come see me." And he walked ahead to join them as if he didn't almost make Aurora cry or made me confuse about what he just said to me.

"Matteo say something please." I looked at a teary stained Aurora. Even if Xavier didn't tell me, how could I not believe her. She is the woman I love.
"Aurora, calm down." She is in a total panic mode.
I placed my hands on both sides of her face, wiping her tears away that seemed to keep flowing.
"As crazy as you sound, I believe you."
"You... You do?"
"Only if you can pin me down on the bed." I joked, but I was quickly trapped on the bed and she had a solid hold on me with that quirky smile.
"Guess I have to believe you now don't I?" She giggled.
"I guess so." She places her head on my chest. "Thank you Matteo, for believing me."
"No problem Love." I kissed her head as her grip loosened on me.
"Mmm." And she quickly falls asleep, on top of me.
"Oh Aurora, what do you do to me?" I whisper and slowly maneuver myself to be properly on the bed and that was how I fell asleep.

🌸🌸🌸

"Grave come un infarto
As serious as a heart attack

Aurora's history is revealed!
So no! They are not mates, and no she does not have a mate.