Chapter 3

One week to go before the overnight trip for three days and two nights but Yongsun is still not sure if she's going with the team. It's no big deal, actually. She can go and give time for herself to forget the reality for just a few days. Give herself time to relax and enjoy the wind of nature, but what bothers her is this certain hamster-face who keeps asking her if she would go. 

Every. Time. Moonbyul. Have. She would ask the girl.

To the restroom, cafeteria, lobby, elevator, hallways, office, every time she would see yongsun. Moonbyul was consecutive asking about her decision if she would go or not, and it's starting to piss Yongsun off deep down on her nerves.

"Are you-"

"Can you shut the fuck up? Are you not tired of asking and pestering me all day? If you don't, then I am. For goodness sake get away from me, let me live in peace."

Yongsun loses her temper and decides to answer the girl that was standing right beside her while she buys a coffee in the vending machine.  She glares at moonbyul to scare the girl more just to see moonbyul was covering her mouth with teary eyes. She looks so shocked and yongsun didn't know if her words are kinda brutal for the latter, but it is not the first time she curses moonbyul. 

Yongsun felt guilty all of a sudden when she saw moonbyul backing away, still covering her mouth as her tears were about to fall. Yongsun was about to apologize when the latter spoke after a minute of silence. 

"You- that's..." 

"T-That's the longest words you spoke to me... I- I'm so happy.." moonbyul said and a tear escaped from her eye.

Huh? 

Yongsun was looking at the latter in disbelief and she swears to God she almost loses her sanity by how moonbyul responded to her.

"Lisaaaaaa- she spoke to meeeeee!" Moonbyul added as she runs towards lisa's direction, jumping like she have won a billion-dollar lottery. Yongsun was left dazed as she tries to mutter a word to hide her confused face but she can't, moonbyul surprises her. Yongsun even heard moonbyul from afar, the girl said she was mesmerized by yongsun's speaking voice and was shaking lisa's shoulders to make the latter listen to her. 

Yongsun was left standing in front of the vending machine with coffee in hand while staring at the hamster from meters away, excitedly sharing what happened. She tried to scan moonbyul's reaction and all she can see is how happy the girl is. Moonbyul was not faking her expression, moonbyul was genuine about it, and that amazes yongsun more. Am I really that hard to her these past months that she have to scream and run to tell the world how I answer to her? 

When moonbyul was done with lisa, she ran towards seulgi next jumping like a little kid, and proceed to talk about yongsun. And yongsun was just standing meters away from them, moonbyul didn't even bother if yongsun will hear her. What matters to her is she's happy. No shit. No coated feelings. She was beyond delighted. 

Seulgi secretly looks at yongsun with a knowing look. The girl silently mouthed 'I'm sorry, she just like you a lot' and gave yongsun an apologetic smile that made yongsun nod in defeat. She doesn't have a choice but to take her leave. Yongsun walks back and was about to enter her office but a pull of thoughts suddenly made her look back at moonbyul who was still busy explaining things to seulgi. 

What's wrong with that crazy hamster?

A sigh escaped in her mouth as she shook her head, closes the door, and completely enters the office.  

---

"Why is byulie so active today?" Ryujin asks lisa when she notices moonbyul was smiling from ear to ear while doing her job with ease. On normal days, when moonbyul is doing her work, you can see her silently arguing inside her head with creased eyebrows. If you look at her, you might think she's having the worst day in her life. But now, she was scrolling to her laptop with a big smile on her face and a sparkle eyes.