Chapter 12

Yongsun stood straight with chin up, looking at the massive house she had live in before. She can still hear the laughter of yonghee and her at the garden, chasing each other with muds all over their face as they were panting and all out of breath. The way they beamed a smile and teases just to spend their time happily while their mother made them cookies and milk. It was all happy moments, it was unforgettable, and it was one of a kind. 

But it was all messed up when that woman steps into their lives, the woman she despises her whole life, and even the time she dies. And speaking of that woman, she was standing at the doorstep with a wicked smile on her face, clinging to yongsun's father as if her life depends on it. 

Lee Sun-Mi, that's the name of her stupid stepmother. 

"Yongsun, you're back." 

The happiness in Mr.Kim's voice is visible that yongsun wanted to give her father a tight embrace. Even after everything that happened in the past, she can't deny that this man was still the one who loved and took care of them when they are still little. The thing is, he was brainwashed by the bitch next to him and blinded by the love from that woman. 

When her mother died, her father became a mess and depressed. Her father changed and became the most short-tempered person he could have been. That's the moment Sunmi entered into his life. It was all good at first but when the time passed by, the once sweet and caring woman, turned into a snake. That's when yongsun realized, she was all for her father's wealth. 

"I need your help." She started, breaking the tension that was building between them. Her father tried to invite her inside, but yongsun has one job and that's to help her sister getting healed. Sunmi was looking at yongsun with disbelief. She was thinking how bold yongsun can be, telling them she need help after all that happened years ago. Because of her, the life she wanted turns into ash.

"You need our help? After you ditch your husband that was supposed to help us from bankruptcy now you need our help?" Sunmi stated, glaring at the woman in front of them. But yongsun's not having it anymore. All the years she's been away, she have learned how to stand her ground, fight back, and don't let people underestimate her again.

"Shut the fuck up, this is a family matter."

She venomously spits at sunmi's face, making the latter widened her eyes at what the girl just said. The smiling face of her stepmother turns into a frown and yongsun internally celebrated with it. 

"How dare y-"

"Sunmi, let her speak." 

A smirk was visible on yongsun face when her father grabs sunmi's wrist to stop the woman from attacking when she was about to lift her hand at yongsun. She looks at sunmi with a mocking expression and the latter can't help but glare at her stepdaughter. Yongsun wouldn't let her do what Sunmi was doing with them in the past again. If it's needed to raise her hands and fight back, she will gladly do it with all her might. 

Mr.Kim was watching the two of the ladies glared at each other but one thing he have noticed, yongsun isn't the same as before. She was stronger and braver.

He cleared his throat when things were out of control. That's when yongsun realized why she's here. She was so indulged in killing sunmi in her mind that she forgot her quest. 

"Yonghee has Thyroid Cancer." Yongsun finally spoke and look at her father. 

Mr.Kim's face turns into something yongsun can't hardly tell. She can see sadness, guilt, scared, shock, and longingness. Well, yonghee was his favorite daughter after all. It's normal he will worry about her daughter's health.