~Chapter 62~

The moment the spaceship touches the ground, you're already in front of the door anxiously waiting for it to open. Once it does, you don't hesitate to walk down the ship's stairs, the others following closely behind. You've landed right outside Tony's cabin. As you look up at the sky, you assume it's early in the morning, seeing the rising sun cast a rosy hue across the sky and golden fingers of sunlight light up the scene. A smile appears on your face as you close your eyes and take a deep breath, enjoying the feeling of the fresh forest air fill your lungs.

Thor walks up beside you as the two of you look at the cabin in front of you. "Ready?" he asks. You look at him and nod before you resume your walk. Suddenly, once you've gone up the porch's stairs and are about to knock, you hear a loud scream and the sound of dishes breaking. You and Thor share a look before the door opens quickly, revealing an extremely shocked Pepper.

"Y/n?" she asks, still holding on to the door, her eyes the widest you've ever seen them.

"Pepper! You look like you've seen a ghost!" Thor laughs it off.

"That's because I have," she says, her eyes still fixed on you, before shaking herself off from the shock. "Come in." You do as she says, shyly walking inside the cabin. "How- I thought you were- How is this even possible?"

"It's a long story. I'm just glad to be back," you say. "Is anyone else awake?"

"Y/n?" a familiar voice says. You turn around and see Steve walking down the stairs followed by Natasha. You don't hesitate to run up to them and bring Steve into a hug as you try to hold back your tears. "I- I can't believe you're here," he says.

"I'm here, Stevie, I'm back," you smile. You then look at Natasha and when you see her crying, you're unable to stop your own tears as you hug her tightly as well. You both cry into each other's shoulders, not wanting the hug to end.

"How are you here?" she asks as she pulls out to look at you through puffy eyes. "I saw you die, y/n. I don't understand."

"I don't really understand it either, but my guess is that when you guys brought everyone back... it brought us back too," you explain, Pepper, Steve, and Natasha listening attentively, still processing the fact that you are standing in front of them after mourning you for days.

"Us?" Natasha asks.

That's when Gamora and the rest of the Guardians walk through the door. "Gamora, Nebula's sister," you say as you smile back at the other team. "Her team found us and brought me back home."

"Okay, what's going on? And why did I hear dishes breaking and someone screaming?" Tony asks while rubbing his eyes as he walks down the stairs.

"Yeah, I have the same question. It's 7am," Sam yawns, apparently neither of the sleepy men seeing you yet. However, the second they see you, their sleepiness is quickly replaced by the same shocked reaction as Pepper before they hurry down the stairs to greet you and hug you, the shock never leaving their faces. Seeing Sam makes you cry harder out of happiness, haven't seen him in five years. The loud commotion in the living room draws the attention of three more heroes who also walk down the stairs with the same confused and sleepy expressions. Wanda is the first to notice you and she runs down the stairs before hugging you like never before. Rhodey joins in on the hug, also shedding a few tears. This surprises you, you had never seen him cry. And when Bruce sees you, he has the same reaction. It's all a blur of hugs, tears, and laughter.

Besides the fact that you were a crying mess right now, you also knew you looked like you had been through hell, which you honestly had been after fighting your best friend, dying, and then coming back to life. It had been hours and even days since you had last slept or eaten anything, and even though you were a super soldier, it still affected you to some extent. That's when you remember the last time you slept, or the last time you were about to fall asleep to be exact. You remember how you promised Bucky that everything would be okay and that he wasn't going to lose you, and even though you had been thinking about it already, it only hits you now all the pain you must've put him through, because you have felt that pain before, you know it like the back of your hand. A shiver and a feeling of immense guilt run down your spine.