Epilogue

The reception was everything you'd expect a wedding reception to be if it was organized by Tony Stark. Even though he only had hours to get everything ready, he's a man with connections and he was able to create yet another one of his extravagant parties.
Laughter, a lively atmosphere, great music, drinks and food, beautiful decorations, bright and colorful lights... all next to the large lake and to Tony's cabin as the sun begins to set. At some point during the evening, Sam tried to challenge Bucky to a karaoke battle, but your husband refused even though you tried to get him to join. So, Sam asked Tony instead, and their battle ended up lasting an awfully long time.

You chuckle as you turn away from the pair and head to your table. As you sit, you take a sip from your glass of champagne. As you do so, Wanda takes a seat next to you.

"Hey," she smiles. "Enjoying the party?"

"Oh, for sure," you smile back as you set the glass down. "What about you?"

"Definitely," she says. "You and Bucky looked so cute on your first dance. I can tell you were both great dancers back in the 40s."

"Well, I don't want to brag but..." you say as you lean close to her before whispering. "We were."

You both chuckle before you both fall into a comfortable silence, music and people's voices fading in the background. Wanda's smile slowly turns into a slight frown as her gaze gets lost for a second before she regains control of her emotions and smiles softly at you. Of course, you notice the odd change in her mood, and you immediately know what it's about.

Vision.

You're suddenly hit by a sharp feeling of pain, knowing exactly what it feels like to lose your soulmate. However, the main difference is that Wanda had to kill Vision only to watch him die once again less than a minute later.

"You okay?" you ask, testing the waters, and not wanting to lay it all on her all of a sudden.

She looks down for a second before looking at you again and sighing. "You know what? No, I'm not," she says, and you frown, sorrow covering your features. "Part of me was hoping that we could bring him back, you know? That by some miracle he'd come back. But he didn't. The sooner I accept that the better."

You're frowning again, this time by the lack of emotion she's showing. You were expecting her to break down crying, but instead, her eyes hold a look of numbness. You're worried about her, knowing that she will have to deal with everything eventually, but you don't want to push it and make it worse. She needs time to figure it out herself.

"Anyway, I'm fine," she chuckles, trying to ease the tension. But, to be honest, her reaction makes it worse. "I'm fine."

"Wanda..."

"I'm serious, y/n," she says, placing her hand over yours. "It's your day, I don't wanna ruin it."

"What? You wouldn't be ruining it, Wanda," you insist. "You don't need to-"

"Ladies!" Tony's booming voice cuts you off as he approaches you. He stands in between yours and Wanda's chairs, leaning on Sam's shoulder. Both of them looking slightly tipsy. "I would like a dance with the bride, please."

You're about to deny his offer to keep talking to Wanda but she beats you to it. "Oh, she'd love to!"

You send her a look before Tony grabs your hand and helps you stand up, your eyes never leaving Wanda. "Great! See you later, Wanda," Tony says as he leads you to the dance floor, Sam quickly finding another partner. You send Wanda one last disappointed look as you walk away and she raises a glass at you before sipping on it.

The night went on and everyone was having fun, it almost felt like a dream. You decided to grant Wanda's wish and let her enjoy the night instead of trying to get her to confront her feelings. You've been where she is now, and you know first-hand how hard it is to accept something like this, because the second you do, your whole world comes crumbling down.