~Chapter 29~

After stealing your old uniforms from The Smithsonian, you, Steve, Sam, and Maria went back to the Triskelion where the Helicarriers were being held. Meanwhile, Natasha and Fury had another role. Natasha was going to pretend to be the councilwoman and expose Hydra from her position, and Fury was going to stop Pierce.

As you sneaked your way inside the facility, you had to knock a few agents down that got in your way, but apart from that, there wasn't any real trouble.
You finally got to the Project Insight headquarters and just as you were about to open the door to the control panel room, an agent opens it from the other side. His eyes go wide when he recognizes you and Steve. However, he doesn't have much time to do anything when Maria and Sam stand next to you pointing their guns at the agent. He immediately puts his hands up in surrender and moves out of your way.

"Excuse us." you say politely before pushing past him. Most of the agents in there surrendered the second they saw the four of you, so thankfully you didn't have to use force. Once you've settled, Steve walks over to a computer and starts speaking through a microphone. The plan was to let everyone in SHIELD know about Hydra's infiltration, so this way you would hopefully have more help stopping them.

"Attention, all SHIELD agents. This is Steve Rogers," he starts saying. "You've heard a lot about me and Captain y/l/n over the last few days, some of you were even ordered to hunt us down. But I think it's time you know the truth. SHIELD is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The STRIKE and Insight crew are Hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want: absolute control. They shot Nick Fury and it won't end there. If you launch those Helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone that stands in their way, unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, but it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it, but I'm willing to bet I'm not."

"Did you write that down first or was it off the top of your head?" Sam asks, smiling at Steve and impressed at Steve's ability to come up with a speech like that. You and Maria look at each other knowingly with a smirk plastered on your face.

-

Hill stayed behind, using the computers to oversee everything from there and give you any necessary instructions, while you, Steve and Sam, made your way to the Helicarriers outside.
You knew Bucky was probably near, and that thought was making your heart race, but you were able to keep your nerves under control and carry on with the plan. You only had eight minutes to switch the blades, because when time ran out, the Helicarriers would fire towards their targets, killing thousands of people.

"Hey, Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad guys?" Sam asks Steve as the three of you run.

"If they're shooting at you, they're bad." Steve says before the three of you part ways. Each of you had to get to one of the Helicarriers and switch the targeting blades with your own. As you make your way to one of the Helicarriers, Hydra agents start shooting at you, making it difficult for you to get there. However, you weren't the only one facing obstacles.

"Hey, Steve! I found those bad guys you were talking about." Sam says over the comms.

"You okay?" you hear Steve ask.

"I'm not dead yet." Sam says and you hear shooting on the other side of the comms.

"Eight minutes, guys." Maria says.

"Working on it." you grunt as you knock a few Hydra agents down.

Sam and Steve had it easier than you and they were able to get to the Helicarriers faster. However, you had to deal with a lot more Hydra agents than them, slowing you down. Eventually you managed to get to the Helicarrier, but once you get there, you see that something's already happening over there. You quickly hide and peak from behind some big boxes and that's when you see Bucky fighting some SHIELD agents.