~Chapter 59~

The second Bruce snaps his fingers, he passes out on the floor and everyone worriedly gathers around him.

Steve quickly kneels down next to the unconscious body. "Bruce!"

"Don't move him," Tony says before spraying Bruce's right arm with cold water that comes out of his suit to soothe the burnt skin.

Bruce grunts as he struggles to open his eyes and grabs Steve's arm. "Did it work?"

"We're not sure," Thor says, trying to calm him down. "It's okay."

The lockdown ends and all the windows and doors open once again, and Scott walks towards the windows. As he looks outside, he notices many birds chirping that weren't there before.
Clint's phone suddenly starts ringing and he walks over to it. When he looks at who's calling, a shaky and relieved breath leaves his lips before answering it. "Honey, honey," he struggles to speak from sheer happiness and begins to tear up.

"Guys..." Scott starts as a wide smile appears on his face at the realization, his eyes still glued on the birds. "I think it worked."

Once Bruce finally manages to open his eyes, he's met with a huge spaceship up in the sky as a single missile heads towards the base. Bruce's smile quickly fades away and is replaced by a look of fear. Before anyone has time to react to the attack, the missile hits the base, and then a continuous array of missiles destroys the facility completely, burying everyone underground under all the debris and destroyed base.

Meanwhile, Bucky was in his room, and when the missiles hit, the same thing happens to him. He's buried under all the debris and knocked unconscious for a couple of seconds before he wakes up startled. Bucky breathes heavily as he struggles to lift all the debris from his body, and once he does, he sits up panting and looks around him. An uneasy feeling settles inside him and it quickly turns into agony as he remembers that he was holding your locket moments ago and now he's lost it. Bucky desperately begins to find it, mumbling quick no's under his breath as he moves around the debris. After minutes of doing so, he finally finds it and a sharp pain hits his chest at the sight. He takes it gently in his hands, and wipes away the lingering dust. The locket is partially broken and slightly crushed. Bucky is about to lose it and finally let all of his emotions out but, once again, he manages to get ahold of his feelings and sniffs, holing back the tears before standing up with the goal of finding the rest of the team and putting the necklace in his pocket.

"Steve?" Bucky asks through the comms, getting no response. "Dammit," he mumbles.

Suddenly another voice comes through the comms. "Mayday, mayday! Does anybody copy?" Rhodey asks. "We're in the lower level, it's flooding!"

"What?" Scott asks through the comms.

"We're drowning! Does anybody copy? Mayday!" Rhodey repeats.

"Wait! I'm here! I'm here, can you hear me?" Scott says.

Bucky can hear the loud background noise the water is causing as he begins to head to where they are. "I copy, I'm on my way."

The base got destroyed to such an extent that Bucky wasn't sure where he was going or if he was going in the right direction to help his teammates. Eventually he manages to find a small tunnel that leads outside, so he climbs through it to get some air. What he sees makes his blood run cold. There's a large spaceship in the distance and the sky is covered in dark clouds and thick smoke from the explosions. What had been a beautiful green scenery with a lake just minutes ago had turned into a wasteland. Bucky spots Tony, Steve, and Thor fighting Thanos in the distance. He's conflicted, he doesn't know if he should go help them or the others.