~Chapter 15~

This last week had been all about planning out which Hydra bases you would attack. Thankfully, Steve memorised the Hydra facilities marked on the map he saw while you were rescuing Bucky.
Bucky and you were now closer than ever. Even though you couldn't spend that much time together due to how busy you were at the moment, you made sure to seize those moments as much as possible.
Right now you're at the London headquarters along with Steve, Peggy, and Colonel Phillips planning your first mission.

"The fifth one was here in Poland, right near the Baltic." Steve says, marking the location on the map in front of you. "And the sixth one was... about here, 30, 40 miles west of the Maginot Line. I just got a quick look."

"Well, nobody's perfect." Peggy says with a soft smile. It seems like their situation was getting better. You walk over to another map.

"These are the weapon factories we know about. Sergeant Barnes said that Hydra shipped all the parts to another facility that isn't on this map." you say, pointing at various things on the map.

"Agent Carter, coordinate with MI6. I want every allied eyeball looking for that main Hydra base." Colonel Phillips says.

"What about us?" Peggy asks.

"We are gonna set a fire under Johann Schmidt's ass. What do you say, Captains? It's your map, you think you can wipe Hydra off of it?" the Colonel says.

"Yes, sir." you say. "We'll need a team."

"We're already putting together the best men." he says.

"With all due respect, sir, so are we." Steve asks and you raise an eyebrow at him.

"I take it you convinced them then?" you ask and he nods.

"I'm sorry, what team are we talking about here?" Colonel Phillips asks.

"The Howling Commandos." you say.

-

After that, your next few months consisted on going from Hydra base to Hydra base and taking them down. It was all going according to plan and the missions were being very successful. Putting the Howling Commandos together was one of the best ideas you and Steve ever had. You all worked perfectly together and communication between all of you was on point, making it really easy to combine your ideas and be even more successful in missions. You were so glad Bucky was in the team too. You two were now able to spend much more time together, and you weren't gonna lie, fighting Hydra alongside him was like a dream come true, even if you had to save each other's asses more than a few times and disagree on certain things...

Today it's been almost two months since you started going on these missions and there were only two Hydra bases left for you and your team to take out. The mission you just went on, however, was almost lost. And let's just say that you and Bucky were at odds about it, something that barely ever happened.

"Don't give me that bullshit, Barnes!" you yell as you go inside your shared tent with Bucky. Steve and the rest of the team had left you two to sort things out, knowing it wasn't a good idea to get in between when you fought.

"What bullshit?! The fact that you almost got killed?!" he yells back, walking inside the tent behind you. You turn to look at him, narrowing your eyes.

"I had him on the ropes!" you say, crossing your arms over your chest.

"Are you kidding?" Bucky scoffs. "That Hydra agent was about to kill you. Me and Steve told you not to go that way and you didn't listen. You could've died!"

"But I didn't."

"Cause I saved your stubborn ass!" Bucky says before sighing heavily and rubbing his eyes. Your arms were crossed and you were looking down, slightly ashamed cause you knew he was right but you didn't want to admit it. "Can we just get past this?" Bucky asks.