~Chapter 7~

Days passed and you and Bucky grew closer and happier every day, however, you still hadn't told him about taking the serum. You hated keeping him in the dark, but it was like you were waiting until the last minute to tell him and you couldn't do anything about it. You and Bucky started hanging out with Steve again, and thankfully, none of you brought up the subject of Steve wanting to join the army.

Today was Saturday and Bucky convinced you to go on a double date at the World Exposition of Tomorrow tonight. As much as he tried to hide it, he had always been a sucker for "sciency" stuff, and you knew it. You had also been able to convince a friend of yours to be Steve's date for tonight, it took a while to convince her, but finally she agreed.
As you finish getting ready by putting on your makeup and doing your hair, you choose a nice dress from your closet. Once you and your friend Bonnie are done, you start heading towards the Stark Expo that everyone had been talking about lately. You knew Howard Stark personally from working with him and you were excited to see what all the fuzz was about. Bucky and Steve told you they would meet up with you girls there.

"So, this Steve guy..." Bonnie starts saying as you walk, and you look at her. "I'm not sure we're gonna have much fun..."

"Bonnie, I already told you, that's not the point." you say. "He's a really nice guy and maybe you should try to see that for once instead of focusing on what you see on the outside." You were tired of your friends often judging you for Steve being your best friend. Thankfully, not all your friends were like this, but the ones who were had been going on at this for years, but nothing they said could break your friendship with Steve.

"Alright, Ms. Perfect, I'm sorry." Bonnie says, putting her hands up in defeat, making you roll your eyes with a smile.

"Come on, we're here." you say as you start seeing the entrance to the Stark Expo in the distance, but you could mainly just see a crowd of people waiting at the cue. However, due to where you worked you only had to show a special badge for the guards to let you in without having to stay in the cue for a while.

"Hey, how the hell did we just skip the cue?" your friend asks.

"I know Howard Stark personally." you say, making an excuse and avoiding the fact that you were an SSR agent. "You know, perks of knowing these kind of people." you say with a smirk.
You and your friend start walking around the Expo, taking in all the modern tech surrounding you and all the amazing decorations. Stark really did go all out with this. The atmosphere was great too, there were many stands and shops and other activities for people to go to. You go to the meeting point you had agreed on with Bucky and Steve, and once you finally get there, you find the two boys waiting for you.

"Bucky!" you say, grabbing his attention. When he sees you his face lights up and he starts walking quickly towards you, and you do the same. He picks you up by wrapping his arms around your waist and spins you around as you both chuckle. When he lets you down he quickly pecks your lips before taking your hands in his.

"Hey." you say, looking so in love, just like him, absorbed in the moment with each other and forgetting about everything else.

"Hey." he smiles. You look beside you where you see your friend and Steve awkwardly looking around, not really knowing what to say, so you take it upon yourself to fix it.

"Steve, this is my friend Bonnie. Bonnie, this is my best friend Steve, as you already know." you say.

"Um, nice to meet you." Bonnie says with a poker face after clearing her throat.

"Hi." Steve says, scratching the back of his head. Oh boy this is gonna be a long night.

The four of you walk towards the main event where Howard would give a presentation and show his newest invention. Bucky had his hand wrapped around your waist, and Steve and Bonnie were having an awkward conversation behind you. I mean, at least they were talking.