~Chapter 37~

This whole thing was already getting more violent than you would've liked. Scott threw a fire truck at Rhodey, thinking it was filled with water instead, which helped you get rid of T'Challa; and Wanda and Clint charged at Tony by teaming up and burying him under a pile of dozens of cars. After the distraction of the fire truck, you and the rest of your team were able to get to each other again along with Bucky and Sam who came back from the terminal.

"There's our ride." Clint says, and you all turn heads to look at the landed quinjet in the distance.

"Come on!" Steve says. You all start running towards the quinjet, but you're stopped when suddenly a fizzing steam of energy slices across the cement of the ground, making you all stop. You look up and see Vision hovering overhead.

"Captain Rogers, Captain y/l/n. I know you believe what you're doing is right, but for the collective good you must surrender now." Vision says. Your team stands next to each other as you see Tony's group line up in a defensive manner as well, Vision slowly descending next to them. You look through them and your eyes accidentally meet Natasha's. Even from twenty meters you could still see the hurt in her eyes, and you knew she saw the same from yours.
Tension rose between the two groups with every passing second. Eventually something would happen. You knew it. There was no way Steve was backing down now and there is no way Tony will let you pass without a fight. This was all wrong, but there was nothing you could do anymore except fighting.

"What do we do now?" Sam asks.

"We fight." Steve says. Just as those words reach everyone's ears, your group starts walking towards the other. You look at Bucky for a second who's looking back at you with a hesitant look on his face. You nod, trying to make him feel less doubtful before looking back at the front where you see the other group walking towards you as well. The two teams stride towards each other with grim determination etched on their faces. No one wanted to fight, but no one wanted to back down either. Your team then starts to run, so Tony's side does the same. There was no stopping now.

The moment the first punch was thrown, chaos erupted. Worse than before. Everyone was fighting for what they believed in and what they thought was right, and you all fought hard.

You and Natasha avoided each other throughout the entire fight, neither of you wanting to actually go against each other. You decided to stick close to Bucky and defend him from his number one enemy at the moment: T'Challa. You and Bucky both fought the king, but he fought back incredibly well, not making it easy for you even though you were both super soldiers.
The fighting continued, regardless of how tired you were all getting. Eventually, you managed to knock T'Challa down thanks to Wanda's help, who got him out of the way by using her powers. You flash her a quick thankful smile before you and Bucky run towards somewhere a little safer and away from the fight so T'Challa didn't find you right away. You're quickly joined by Steve.

"We gotta go. That guy is probably in Siberia by now." Bucky tells you both.

"We gotta draw out the flyers." you say while looking up, referring to Vision, Tony, and Rhodey. "I'll take Vision. You two get to the jet."

"Y/n-" Bucky starts but he's cut off by someone speaking over the comms.

"No, you get to the jet! The three of you!" Sam says. "The rest of us aren't getting out of here."

"As much as I hate to admit it, if we're gonna win this one, some of us might have to lose it." Clint says.

"This isn't the real fight, guys." Sam says as you look between Steve and Bucky.

"Alright, Sam, what's the play?" Steve asks through the comms.

"We need a diversion. Something big." Sam says.