~Chapter 13~

This plan has to work, this plan has to work... The thought kept replaying in your mind as you impatiently waited in the jet along with Steve, Peggy, and Howard. Somehow, Peggy was able to get ahold of Stark and since they were close, he agreed to help her. Howard was piloting a plane to the HYDRA base in Austria, where Bucky was.
You also finally put your suit on. You barely got to wear it during the tour since you had to wear the dancing outfit, but now you knew it was the time to use it. It wasn't like Steve's suit. You were able to choose a suit, and you chose a discrete one since you didn't want to draw much attention, however, that hadn't worked very well since all of the US knew who you were now. Steve's main weapon was the shield, you chose metal bracelets made of the very last of vibranium that could easily block bullets and hurt the enemy badly if they're hit with them.

The whole time in the plane, your mind was filled with worry and anxiety as Steve's and Peggy's voices slowly faded away in the background

The whole time in the plane, your mind was filled with worry and anxiety as Steve's and Peggy's voices slowly faded away in the background. However, when the word HYDRA is mentioned, your mind brings you back to reality.

"The HYDRA camp is in Krausberg, tucked between these two mountain ranges. It's a factory of some kind." Peggy says.

"We should be able to drop you right on the doorstep." Howard says.

"Just get us as close as you can." Steve says.

"If the plan goes well we should be able to get in easily." you say. "You two are gonna be in a lot of trouble at the lab." you say referring to Peggy and Howard.

"And you won't?" Peggy asks you.

"Where we're goin', if anybody yells at me I can just shoot 'em." Steve answers for you and you raise an amused eyebrow at him.

"They will undoubtedly shoot back." Peggy says.

"Well, let's hope it's good for somethin'." Steve says and points to his shield.

"Agent Carter, if we're not in too much of a hurry I thought we could stop off in Lucerne for a late night fondue." Stark says, and Peggy shoots Steve an awkward look. Oh no, not that word...

"Stark is the best civilian pilot I've ever seen. He's mad enough to brave this airspace, we're lucky to have him." Peggy says.

"So are you two...? Do you...? Fondue?" Steve awkwardly asks, and your eyes widen.

"Steve!" you hiss at him. "I already told you that's not what it means!" Peggy ignores Steve's question after looking at you both confused.

"This is your transponder. Activate it when you're ready and the signal will lead us straight to you." Peggy says handing out a transponder to each of you.

"Are you sure these work?" you ask, raising an eyebrow at them.

"It's been tested more than you, y/n." Howard says.

"Fair enough." you smirk. After falling into a long but comfortable silence, Peggy breaks it in a whisper to talk to you.

"How are you feeling about this?" she asks lowly, leaning closer to you so you can speak as privately as possible.