~Chapter 12~

This is not what you expected. And it's definitely not what you thought you were signing up for. That "promotion" you got from Senator Brandt turned out to be something completely different. You and Steve were going on tour around the US representing the US Army. Sure, it was related to the war, but they missed the tiniest detail: you wanted to actually fight and make a difference, not be some sort of celebrity or puppet, cause that's exactly how you felt right now.
Steve was now famously known as Captain America, and you as the other captain: Captain Wonder. And together you were the Golden Duo.
The tour consisted on going to many cities around the US where you would sort of perform a play. Steve would speak while you led the female dancers and singers. You barely got to say any lines, which annoyed you even more. You had to look pretty in one of those tight and tiny outfits, dance and sing, that's all, while Steve was allowed to at least speak, and you barely said a few sentences. The managers didn't let you, they said that a man speaking would have a much better impact on the audience. You almost quit when they told you that, but Steve talked you out of it by saying that this was going to work out on the long run. At least you were going through this with your best friend, so that's that.
You barely got any breaks, every day you were either rehearsing or performing, and that was your overall routine. Whenever you did get a break, you would visit the city you were in with Steve, and other days you would write to Bucky, updating him on everything that was happening in your life. He replied as soon as he could, updating you on how he was doing too, and you both offered all the support you could to each other through written words. However, by the end of the second month of tour, Bucky slowly started to take longer to reply to your letters until he stopped replying all together. This worried you to the core, but you knew you couldn't do anything about it until you contacted Peggy or Colonel Phillips, so all you could do was wait and pray he was okay.
It's already been three months since the tour started and one since you last heard from Bucky. You missed him like crazy and many times you would have to cry yourself to sleep. Other nights you wouldn't sleep at all, the fear of him being hurt or worse keeping you awake.
It was the end of the tour and you had now travelled to Italy for the last show but the audience this time was much different than the previous ones. The crowd was a group of soldiers. You were 5 miles from the front. The audience would usually be children and parents, but this time it was different. These people were actually in the war. Steve was on stage, while you waited behind the curtains for your turn to perform.

"How many of you ready to help me sock old Adolf on the jaw?" Steve asks the crowd, but nobody answered. "Okay. Uh I need a volunteer." he says, but again, silence. Until a soldier speaks up.

"I already volunteered! How do you think I got here?" he says and the crowd laughs. You wanted to go out there and help him, you knew Steve was getting really uncomfortable. "Bring back the girls!" the soldier yells and the rest of the soldiers cheer.

"I think they only know the one song. But um... let me... I'll...I'll see what I can do." Steve says.

"You do that, sweetheart." the soldier says.

"Nice boots, Tinker Bell!" another soldier says and the crowd laughs. You've had enough. You quickly run into stage and the second the soldiers see you, they start cheering. You try your hardest not to roll your eyes and keep calm. Steve looks at you confused at what you were going to do.

"Come on, boys. We're all on the same team here." you say, trying to get them to be more comprehensive.

"Show us a little dance, sweetheart." one of the soldiers say.

"Why don't you come down here and give me a kiss?" another soldier says and they all cheer. You're about to walk down from the stage and show him what you're made of, but Steve stops you.