~Chapter 8~

When Bucky sees you looking at him with your eyes red from crying, he understands what happened. You heard everything.

"Y/n?" he says as he slowly approaches you but you take a step back.

"No, no, no. Tell me that what I heard isn't true..." you say with a shaky voice and Bucky looks down. "Tell me it's not true!"

"I'm sorry..." he says. In that moment, you turn around and start walking away as fast as you can putting your hand over your mouth to try stop your crying. Although you don't get too far when a hand grabs your wrist, stopping you from going further, and making you turn around to face him. Bucky pulls you close to him and puts his hands over your shoulders so you can't run away this time.

"Y/n, please..." Bucky says.

"H-how could you? How could you not tell me?!" you say, crying much harder now, same for Bucky.

"Seriously?" he says, making you confused. "Don't blame me for not telling you when you've been doing the same thing."

"Wh-what?" you stutter, starting to guess what he's talking about.

"You're taking the super soldier serum, don't lie to me." he says.

"H-how do you...?"

"Steve told me, and I'm glad he did. You've hidden this from me too, so I guess we're even."

"It's not the same!" you snap. "I'm still gonna be here tomorrow morning and you would still be able to see me! But you're leaving tomorrow and I might never see you again!" as those last words leave your lips, realisation hits. You break down crying and you feel your knees shake but Bucky catches you in his arms as you were about to drop to the floor.

"Don't say that, doll..." Bucky says, caressing your hair as he pulls you closer to his chest.

"How can't I? I just- I- you can't leave! Bucky, please, you can't leave!" you say between sobs. "Y-you can't leave me... please..." you were both crying heavily now, and you stay like that for a little while, not wanting to let go of each other.

"I'm so sorry..." he says followed by a sob. "It kills me to leave, but I got no choice, baby."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the serum, I just didn't know how." you say, finally sounding more calm.

"I know, it's fine." Bucky says and kisses your forehead. "Although, could you do this one last thing for me, doll?" he asks and you nod as he slowly helps you stand back up. "Could we have one last dance?" he asks and you nod through a mixture of laughter and tears. He leads you towards the dancing area of the Expo and lucky for you, you hear a slow song playing. Bucky wraps his hands around your waist and you wrap yours around his neck, and after a while of swaying around to the music's rhythm, you rest your head on his shoulder.

"Are we cursed?" you ask out of the blue, making Bucky look at you confused.

"What? Why would you say that?"

"You know why. Are we?" you ask again, looking up at him.

"Of course not, but there are just some things we can't control."

"I know, but I can try to talk to Peggy, maybe she knows someone and then you don't have to-" you say eagerly but Bucky cuts you off.

"Doll, it's too late now." he says, holding your chin up so you look at him. "Let's just enjoy these last hours we have together, okay?" he asks, and you nod sadly.

You finish the night dancing and even laughing at some points, until it's time to go home. You didn't wanna go, cause once you did it would mean you would have to go to sleep and the next thing would be to say goodbye to Bucky, and you couldn't bear that thought. You wanted to stop time more than ever in your life, but it was impossible.