~Chapter 63~

The moment you broke the news to everyone, they all looked at you like you'd gone mad. Not even an hour ago they had all witnessed a breakdown on your part. The entire team was still processing the fact that after sacrificing yourself for the soul stone, you still managed to come back to life. And now you and Bucky come downstairs, as if the last few days hadn't happened, and announce that you're getting married today. However, once those seconds of initial shock pass, everyone gets to work.

Hours later everything was in place and everyone was getting ready for the ceremony. With Natasha's and Wanda's help, you had managed to find a beautiful white dress that you liked enough to wear today. The dress was honestly the least of your concerns, the ceremony itself didn't matter as much as the fact of having everyone you care about here with you. You weren't expecting to have a perfect wedding, especially since you had planned it in a matter of hours.

Half of your hair is tied up in a sophisticated bun while the other half is down and slightly curled, thanks to Wanda's skills in hair styling, while a few shorter strands of hair that couldn't reach the bun frame your face. You did your own makeup, choosing a natural and simple look since you didn't have time to do anything too elaborate. A knock draws your attention away from the blush you were applying on your cheek and towards the door. Before any of you have a chance to answer, the door opens slightly and Sam peeks through.

"Everyone's ready," he says, clearly trying to hold his excitement. "You girls done?"

"Um, excuse me," Natasha says from across the room before quickly walking towards the door and blocking Sam from seeing you.

"What? It's not like I'm the groom," he laughs.

"I don't care. We're almost done," Nat says before closing the door.

"It's fine, Nat," you chuckle as you go back to applying some blush.

"No, it's not," she says, taking a seat next to you. "It's your day, everything needs to be perfect."

That's when you stop applying your blush and set it down before looking at her with a frown.

"Okay, what is it?" you ask after turning your body towards her.

"What do you mean?" she asks back. You don't have to say a word for her to keep talking when you give her a look, tilting your head to the side. She sighs before speaking up. "I just- I want this day to be perfect for you. You've been wanting this for so long... it needs to be perfect, you deserve it. So, I'm making sure you get it. Especially after what you did," she mumbles. "It's the least I can do."

Your frown grows at her words as realization hits you. "Is that what this is about? You feel like you owe me?" you ask. You get your answer when she avoids your eyes, her silence speaking for itself. You take a deep breath. "Natasha, you don't owe me anything. Doing what I did was my choice, and I'd do it again if it meant you, and everyone I love would be safe. I need you to know that. Please tell me you know that."

Natasha keeps her gaze locked on her lap before mumbling lowly. "It should've been me."

"Nat, stop," you say, your tone sharp and making her look up at you. "You want my day to be perfect, right? So stop saying shit like that and accept the fact that there are people here who would literally die for you. We've known each other for over ten years, and you should've known I wasn't gonna let you sacrifice yourself when I could easily stop you and do it myself."

"Yeah, and you being a super soldier didn't leave me with much of a choice, did it?" she says, lighting up the mood and making you chuckle softly before shrugging your shoulders innocently. Natasha sighs before speaking up again. "I'm sorry, you're right. We just have to accept that we're both equally stubborn," the redhead says, making you nod with a soft smile. "It's just that when you died... a part of me died too. I had never felt so hopeless and empty in my entire life." Your smile turns into a sad frown as she says that. "I love you, y/n. You're my sister. And I don't know what I'd do without you."