~Chapter 3~

You and Steve stayed in your apartment for a few hours, just spending time together. You did this often since you were little. Even if you weren't doing anything exciting, you only needed each other to have fun. Right now you were trying to forget about Bucky, and an idea popped up in your head.

"Let's go dancing tonight!" you say excitedly.

"Ummm, you know I'm not into going to clubs." Steve says.

"Come on, I'll be with you the whole time. It'll be just two best friends having fun for once." you try to convince him.

"Fine, but I know this is just your way to forget about Bucky." he says. Sometimes you thought that he knew you too well. "I'll pick you up at 9pm." he says and leaves your apartment.

Tonight was going to be your way to forget about Bucky for at least a few hours, and you were going to enjoy them. You were going to wear your most beautiful dress, and do your hair and makeup.

You felt like you needed this, some fun in your life

You felt like you needed this, some fun in your life. It had been very stressful and busy lately, especially with work, and you hadn't had the chance to go out like this. Once you were done getting ready, you looked at yourself in the mirror and smiled proudly. You turned to the clock, and saw that it was already 9:05. Steve should be here any second. Suddenly, you hear a knock on the door.

"There he is." you say as you open the door. When you see who's standing behind the door, your eyes widen in surprise. "Umm, you're not Steve." you say, raising an eyebrow for the man in front of you to explain himself.

"He told me how upset you were when you found out I wouldn't be spending the evening with you two, so I decided to take you dancing." Bucky says.

"Ugh, that little snitch." you mumble. "What about Steve?" you ask.

"You know he takes any chance to avoid going to parties. He told me he would come to your place in the morning."

"Whatever. Didn't you have a date, anyway?"

"I made that up." he says, and you look at him confused. "I panicked for some reason, and I left." you roll your eyes at him.

"I don't need you to come with me, James, I'll go dancing by myself." You say after locking the door behind you, and pushing past him, but he grabs your wrist, pulling you close and making you look at him. Your faces dangerously close to each other.