CHAPTER ONE

I ALSO JUST WANT TO PUT OUT THAT I DO NOT OWN HARRY POTTER OR ANY OF THE OTHER CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR NICCOLÒ MARGAZETTI, KASSANDRA, AND CALANTHA ADAMOS. MATTHEO CREDIT GOES TO yasmineamaro . ALL THE OTHERS ARE JK ROWLINGS.

TW: BLOOD, PHYSICAL ASSAULT, SWEARING

+++

+++

I was halfway through my day, and everything had gone fine. I'd gone to my first two classes--Divination and Charms--and it was all great—easy. I saw the familiar faces of people that I'd seen for the last six years, said hello, and continued on with my day, and I'd seen those who I'd make eye contact with and turn the other way. There were certain people I was looking out for--certain people I kept my distance from, and thankfully, they seemed to be doing the same.

"So, Calantha," Niccolò smirked, taking a large bite of his chicken, covering his mouth with his hand, though I could tell he was smiling by the way his eyes were slanted, his cheekbones slightly raised. "How is your first day going so far?" he dropped his hand and instead covered his mouth with a dark green napkin, his eyes transferring to Kassandra who sat down beside him, sighing and shaking her head.

I nodded, staring down at the empty plate in front of me, wanting to eat but feeling too sick to do so. The table was covered with fruits and colors of all sorts--cakes and breads--all of which seemed delicious in the slightest, but my stomach told me not to--told me I would regret it all later. I looked back at Niccolò, watching as he hopelessly waited for my answer, his eyes seemed to light up as he awaited my reply. "It's been..." I trailed off, searching for the right words. "Normal. It's been normal." I smiled, nodding my head, watching as a sense of relief seemed to overcome him.

"See," Kassandra interjected, waving her lace-gloved fingers before his face, shaking her head at him. "I told you she would be fine," she turned to me, rolling her eyes. "You wouldn't believe how scared he was for you. ' Sixth year is hard,' 'Theo this, Theo that.'" she mimicked his deep voice, making necessary facial expressions to better her impression of the unbothered boy sitting next to her. I was laughing, but my smile dropped when I heard his name, my stomach churned, and I was reminded of the one person I had seized to remember.

Him.

The one person I was the most worried about seeing.

"Everything is fine," I cleared my throat, searching around myself for my bag, finding it to be gone from where I left it by my feet. I turned back up to the table, my face scrunched up in confusion. "I already told you guys, I'm not worried about Mattheo anymore, isn't he back at his Manor? He left last year, don't you remember?" I said hopefully, my eyes still continuing to search the area for my bag, when finally they landed on it, shoved onto the other side of the table. I huffed, getting up and walking around the long, food-covered table.