CHAPTER EIGHT

MATTHEO IS yasmineamaro CALANTHA, KASSANDRA, AND NICCOLÒ ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK R*WLINGS

+++

T R I G G E R
W A R N I N G

DEATH, SWEARING

+++

+++

E I G H T

FLASHBACK
MATTHEW

THE RAIN was heavy, and the sky was so dark that it became inevitably hard to see where I was going, even with the light of my wand, I continued to stumble and trip over my every step, sighing and yelling out in frustration.

My only priority was to get to her, to see if she was okay, to insure that she wasn't alone.

When my Father showed back in the Manor he looked more grim than ever; his thin pale slits for eyes almost beamed as he called for Nagini; his long, thin, white fingers curving around to stroke her scaly head. He grinned at me before shouting out of laughter, his pointy, fang-like teeth making themselves known as he widened his mouth for the prolonged laughs.

The door to her familiar house was wide open, the windows were blown out and the lights were dark from where I stood in the driveway, rushing to get inside. Everything was quiet, all except for the faint cries of a small child in a nearby room and the faint whispers of the rain hitting the sides of the house. I tried my best to follow the cries, stepping over the broken pieces of rickety furniture; the entire house was a mess, everything was destroyed. But I had to find her, make sure she was okay, just to make sure she wasn't alone. I searched everywhere, rummaged through each room, trying to find any sign that someone was here, and then I found her.

Laying on her back in the bathtub, her small figure slumped down as she pressed her hands against her stomach, her small red face was covered with her tears and she sobbed, letting small hiccups and cries of fear interlace with the pained whimpers. My wand hit the floor and I forced my way into the tub, placing my hands under her arms to lift her up, standing behind her and lowering her back onto my lap, letting her head rest against my stomach as I sat up against the blood-smeared wall.

"Let me see," I choked out, trying to hide the pain in my somber voice, placing my hands on top of her small shaking fingers, moving them aside. My head fell and my eyes shut, and I gave in to the fear that she wasn't going to be okay, letting small sobs leave my lips as I pressed my face against the top of her small head. I tried my best to cover her wounded stomach, feeling the warmth of her blood coat my hands as I attempted to stop the bleeding. But it was no use, I could see it in her eyes that she had lost too much blood, the bathtub wasn't even white anymore, the porcelain coating was smeared with her blood.

I knew when I first saw her that she wasn't going to make it, only I wouldn't allow myself to accept it. Her lips quivered and she shook her head, pressing her back against my stomach, lifting her head to look up at me; I looked down at her, moving a piece of her short brown hair out of her eyes with one of my hands, quickly forcing it back onto her stomach. She smiled up at me, batting her tear-filled eyes, moving her hands over mine, lifting them off of her stomach, and I grew confused, estranged and sad.