CHAPTER SEVEN PART THREE

MATTHEO IS yasmineamaro CALANTHA, KASSANDRA, AND NICCOLÒ ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK R*WLINGS.

+++

T R I G G E R
WA R N I NG

SWEARING, MENTION OF EATING DISORDER ( ANOREXIA NERVOSA ) BUT NOT HEAVILY

+++

+++

S E V E N  P A R T  T H R E E

MATTHEO

I POSITIONED myself behind her on the bed, pulling her long hair together in my hands behind her, struggling to tie it all up into a messy bun on the top of her head. I leaned over her, tilting her head back as I lifted her chin up, her tired eyes looking up at me. "Open your mouth," I directed, and she did so, holding her mouth open as she stared up at me with dowey brown eyes.

"This is going to hurt," I took the tie that was on the bed next to my leg and folded it in half, placing it in her mouth. "Bite down on it." I ordered, and she looked forward, my eyes fell on her bruised jaw, where her muscles tightened as she bit down on the cloth.

My hand grasped my wand off of the nightstand as I walked to my closed door, locking it and vigorously twisting the handle to insure that it wouldn't open. "Muffliato," I muttered under my breath, pointing my wand at the door before walking back to Calantha on my bed, rolling my sleeves up to my elbows.

My hands were bruised and sore, my knuckles were covered in dry blood with small cuts, a stinging sensation drew on everytime I moved my fingers, but I ignored it--making my top priority to help her. "Don't move," I sat down behind her again, placing my hands on her lower back, "I have to take the shirt off, Calantha." I tried to maneuver around the shirt, but everytime she moved it would ride up again, getting in the way of some of the glass pieces.

She shook her head, yelling with a muffled voice defensively. "No!"

"Don't fucking yell, I'm trying to help you," I was quick to retort, pushing her head forward.

"Mmm," she let out a noise as if she were annoyed and brought her hand to hold the back of her head, leading me to sigh as I pushed her hand back down into her lap. "Well then stop moving, and stop freaking out."

"I'm going to take it off, I'm not going to look at you," I leaned over her shoulder and stared at her, trying my best to calm my voice. I was never good at reassuring people, my voice always betrayed me; but as I watched her look back at me, hesitating to allow me to do what I needed in order to help her, she paused and looked down to the ground, nodding her head.