CHAPTER THIRTY NINE

T R I G G E R W A R

N I N G

swearing, extreme sibling cuteness, and pirate voices

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

T H I R T Y  N I N E

"Adamos."

I halted at the sound of my last name, and turned on my heel to meet the voice I had instantly recognized. A pit formed in my stomach, reaching up to my throat, swallowing me whole as my eyes momentarily latched onto Lana's. I looked away as quickly as I could, shaking my head and making way to turn back around. My day was already going to shit, and the last thing I needed was to deal with Lana Bassett of all people.

Lana Bassett-- the one person who I absolutely could not stand. I didn't know what it was, but there was just something about her that made me want to smack her across the face every time I saw her. It was the sheepish grin she always had while she walked around with her hips swaying side to side. Her perfect hair, short and black. Her hands--always manicured, always perfect.

As she stood before me, her forest-green eyes dawning on me, she smiled with a tilt of her head. If sarcasm could be pronounced with the delicacy of a simple action than she'd be the master at it. Everything she did and said didn't go by without an ounce of sarcasm. Every single thing.

"Mercy me, what do you want, Bassett?"

She pouted her lips, "Just to talk, don't be so up in your own trousers."

"I'm not wearing trousers."

"Never an ounce of sarcasm receded from you, is there?"

"Oh, I have my share plenty." I rolled my eyes, casting a ferrous glance around us. Sighing, I tilted my chin toward her, "Go on. Tell me whatever it is that I'll end up ignoring."

"I'm going to make you an offer--"

"I'm going to respectfully decline." I sneered at her before turning on my heel, my arms now crossed. Whatever she had to say I had no interest in hearing. Whatever the measure was, I didn't care.

I heard a shuffle of her feet. "No, you're going to listen to what I have to say." I halted and listened to her, my back turned to her, "I'm sure you know by now that every one has forgotten about your little . . . episode in the corridors."