CHAPTER FIFTY

T R I G G E R W A R
N I N G

none

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

F I F T Y

MATTHEW

"YOUR name is Bodhi?" I walked with a hand on Epiphany's shoulder through the corridor, my feet moving in a steady pace and my eyes kept forward.

The boy next to me nodded, trying to keep up with me. "What? yes-yes. It's short for uh, for Bodhisattva." he pulled the cuffs of his sleeves over his hands, mumbling the last part.

"Do you know why you're here?" I stopped in front of the serpent portrait, adjusting Epiphany's hair so it flowed smoothly behind her back. I nodded when she looked up at me, letting her mutter the password to get inside of the portrait.

I turned to Bodhi, "The password to get into the common room is Muffliato. All you do is mumble it to the portrait and it'll swing open." I turned my head and watched as it did just that, than cast one more look at Bodhi as he watched.

He nodded somberly, again dropping his head and pulling at his sleeves, swaying back and forth on his feet as he chewed on his bottom lip. Something was eating him up.

"Mate!" a shout echoed down the corridor as Erised hurried our way. He put a hand up and his eyes latched on Epiphany, when he began to beam. "Hold the door." he jeered.

Epiphany slipped out from beneath my hands and no sooner had Erised lifted her up in his, squeezing her as she giggled into his shoulder. I took a step forward, about to snatch her away from him, but as I listened to her laughter and saw the look on Erised's face as he hugged her, with his shut eyes and a smile that thanked the Gods for her being safe, I found myself retreating.

"This is Erised." I turned to Bodhi, my arm out at my side. Erised's eyes opened and he set Epiphany down, though she still latched onto his arm. "He's a sixth year like you. You'll see him a lot, I'm sure."

Erised smiled at Bodhi, and Bodhi gave a shy smile back, and that was it. Erised entered through the portrait first, and then Epiphany, then me, and finally Bodhi. When it slammed shut behind him, he stumbled over his feet; when I looked back at him, he just looked away.

The common room was empty and every door was shut, every fireplace off. It was sheer silence that surrounded us. We all followed Erised toward the stairs, when he stopped.

I turned back to Bodhi, "You can come to my dorm with me and stay with me for now. My old roommate isn't here at the moment. I can explain every thing to you then." I whispered. He nodded.