CHAPTER SEVEN PART TWO

MATTHEO IS yasmineamaro . CALANTHA, KASSANDRA, AND NICCOLÒ ARE MINE. ALL OTHER CHARACTERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JW R*WLINGS.

+++

T R I G G E R
W A R N I NG

BLOOD, FIGHTING, SWEARING, ALCOHOL

+++

+++

S E V E N P A R T T W O

THEY were helping him off of the ground, hoisting him up around their shoulders, grabbing his legs and shouting for people to move out of the way as they laid him on the couch. The lights were going crazy, the strobe effect obscured my vision, everything was moving in flashes and I couldn't separate my mind from my reality. Mattheo continued to shake my arms, raising his voice into a shout after I wouldn't answer him; I was shocked, I was confused by everything that had happened.

"Jesus fucking Christ," Mattheo shouted, loud enough over the music for people around him to hear and turn their heads, looking frightened. "Somebody shut off the fucking music!" he yelled again, his voice laced with anger. He was furious, the way he was rapidly looking around everywhere, his jaw clenched, his eyes searching for anyone that might try and detain him. The music suddenly stopped, the entire room was silent except for the younger First year girls whimpering with their heads sticking out from a door. Kassandra pushed her way through the mass of still people, and for the first time since arriving to the party I saw her; she set her cup down on the tall banister of the fireplace and bent down to wrap her arms around the necks of the three girls, burying their faces in her stomach as she walked them back into their room, shutting the door behind them.

A sharp laugh cut through everything and Pansy appeared standing behind Mattheo with a group of girls behind her. Her arms were crossed in front of her almost bare chest; she wore a rhinestone lined bra, with a small black skirt. Mattheo seemed not to notice her and continued standing in front of me, his hands still on my arms.

I looked at him for the first time since he'd left after we danced, and I said nothing, but only moved to stand next to him. I was now standing in front of Pansy, who was grinning and trying her best not to laugh.

"Ignore her, Calantha," Mattheo shook his head when I looked up at him, his face flashing before me, the effects of the alcohol and the strobe lights were messing with my head, making me feel nauseous.

"Look at her," Pansy scoffed, turning and laughing with the girls behind her. She sighed and shook her head, looking me up and down with judgemental eyes. "She can't even go to a party without fucking everything up."