CHAPTER FORTY ONE

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

T R I G G E R W A R
N I N G

Draco Malfoy, Blood, Cutting, Swearing, Child Abuse, Fighting

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

MATTHEO RIDDLE IS YASMINE AMAROS. CALANTHA, ERISED, EPIPHANY, LANA, DAÌNN, NICCOLÒ, AND KASSANDRA ARE MINE. ALL OTHERS UNLESS MENTIONED ARE JK R*WLINGS.

─── ・ 。 ゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

F O R T Y O N E

WORD spread fast about what Mattheo had done to Lana. Everybody--even the portraits--knew what had happened in the Slytherin common room four nights ago. Nobody was expecting for it to stay a secret, but the small whispers in the corridors in no way matched the energy surrounding the common room.

Mattheo was barely seen after dinner, and no longer did I catch him sitting by the fire or reading in the library. Any time he would walk to a class or throughout the corridors, those near him would quickly hurry away, casting frightful glances over their shoulders as he walked with his head low.

It was so unlike him to... cower in the way he was. When we were... on talking terms, and even before that, he had no problem showing those around him what he was capable of doing. There was something entirely different about him now.

Even Epiphany--though it was only in the common room that she received strange glares, was treated as if she was in the wrong. She's his sister, I assumed, is why the other Slytherin's were treating her the way they were. There would be no other reason.

Lana was no longer in the hospital wing, but continued to stay in her dorm, taking her homework to and from class by use of owl. I guess I couldn't really blame her.

I produced a proper Patronus in Dainn's class, alone.

As surprised as I was with myself, and though I wasn't exactly confident in the fact that I'd be able to do it again, much less in front of a class of people, when the Grim leapt around the room, I found myself watching it in awe.

Classes were as usual--boring and satire.

There was nothing knew, nothing worth my time, anymore. And, as I found myself waking up every day, going to my classes, pretending to eat meals, I understood that that was all it was. A routine, and that was all. None of it meant anything.