chapter sixteen

y / n

Jisung was asleep very quickly. Today, I was in a deep thinking. I couldn't focus on what I'm doing and Jisung knew.

He was the one who wanted to sleep early, I didn't want to object what he wants to do.

Shifting my gaze to the window, I heard an engine starting. Too curious about what's going on, I went towards the window and pull aside the white curtains.

There they were. Jimin, Yoongi, Hoseok, Namjoon and Jin. They all went in the black van expect for Jin, who was leaning on the van. He fixed his hair and crossed his arms.

Probably waiting for Taehyung and Jungkook. I noticed that they're always the last ones to go in the van. Always taking their time. So annoying, sometimes.

Then there he was, Jungkook. His black long suit with a suitcase. A cigar on his lips and his right hand supporting it. He puffed out smoke before walking like he was the king of the world. I could even hear his heels slightly echoing from how he walks.

He's something that I wouldn't find in the city life. He's mysterious, dark and introverted. I only know his name and his personality. Age? Birthday? Hobbies? I don't know anything.

Like I need to know about this man. He changed his mood in one second, sweet and then, boom! He's scary as hell. Even saying his name gives me shills.

But he wasn't on my mind. Taehyung was.

His actions that he did in my room were really unexpected and uncomfortable. He's so touchy in every way possible. It's not I dislike it, it's just because... because. It's just like that.

I stare at the empty space. The van left already with two other ones.

I don't even want to know what they're doing. Like I said we're going to be working partners and nothing else. Then, I'll leave with my money and join Chungha.

Sighing deeply, I turned around and went straight to the door. I closed it and leaned on it. One thing I know for sure is that leaving Iisung will be the hardest part.

Such a sweet and handsome teen. We understand each other like we were family.

Subsequently, I heard footsteps echoing in the hallway. Panicking that it might be Taehyung, I was ready to enter Jisung's room again. I can't face him anymore, not now especially.

I waited patiently to at least see his body. Just to confirm if he's coming to my side or going down to the first floor.

That was it he's coming towards me. The tip of his hair covering his eyes, jaw clenched and he's coming out of Jungkook's office.

I let go of door and restrained myself. Looking up to see him coming closer to me in each breath, I walk at the same pace at him. No, I wasn't going to start a conversation but I was going to ask a simple question.

I stopped on my tracks and clasped my hands together. My lips parted to speak up. But before I could even say a word, or a letter, he walks past me. His arms collided with my shoulder, putting enough momentum to push me aside.

The side of my hip made contact with the wall. I stayed still, unable to register what he just did. It didn't hurt or anything, I'm just in shock.

Brutally turning around, I stare at his built back. His muscles flexing at each time he moved his foot forward. He's definitely mad. I hope it wasn't me. I really do.

"Taehyung—"

He cuts me off by showing his side profile. He eyes me up and down with one eye. I gulped down my saliva at this new character of his.

"I'm not in the mood to talk," He whispered harshly but slowly for me to understand each word.

"Are you mad because of me? I'm sorry if I said to not come close to me. I just meant it out of—"

"What did you meant by that? Tell me, what made you want to stay away from me? I'm fucking trying to understand you but you're so goddamn difficult," He yelled.

"I wasn't thinking, I never thought that it will lead to you kissing me out of blue, to you being mad about it." He taps his foot on the floor like a mad person.

"Of course, I'm not mad. How could I be? You being all touchy with Jungkook after I left you in the kitchen. You choosing him over me in the past few days. Why don't you like me? I know I messed up before but it was for a cause."

"I like you but when you're like this, I hate it."

"I can't change, I'm like this. Get used to it."

He isn't the same awhile ago. He was fine, everything was alright.

He walks past me as I went to my room. Today is probably the most tiring day, not in my life. He's confusing. He was so sweet when we were met. Now he's slowly changing.

I don't know him personally and neither does he. Then what does he want from me? I don't get it. I'm so damn clueless.