chapter forty seven

j u n g k o o k

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon," The doctor greeted me with a bow as I slightly did the same with my head.

"Same goes for you, Doc."

"I've heard she's awake, did you guys had any talk about anything?"

I shake my head, glancing at the room she's staying in. "She woke up yesterday night and I didn't had the chance to talk to her yet. My son told me that they were talking casually and he didn't even tried to ask about what happened, and she didn't tried as well."

The doctor smiles, adjusting his glasses before walking with me towards her room. "I still have one more dose in case she's feeling really sick or any other pain."

"Of course, do what you think is good for her," I said as I followed him inside.

The calmness of the room enveloped me right away. I was used to this until this recent accident. I was too stressed and angry to even think to relax. Her face was complete ruined, her body was weak as fuck.

Nevertheless, she still had a smile when I see her, looking at the window. Closed eyes, she lets the wind guide her.

The doctor placed his things on the nightstand and taking the chair that was right beside it to be right beside of Y/n. He gently calls her, adjusting the bed to make her sit straight.

Y/n's eyes opened slowly as she turns her head to me. She gives me her biggest smile before opening her arms with a struggle. I quickly ran towards her and gave her what she wanted, a hug.

She usually holds me tight whenever she hugs me but this time it was gentle, I understand it completely.

Letting go of her, I sit down right beside her, holding her hand in mine. She smiles at me like nothing happened, she nods at what the doctor is saying but she wasn't paying any attention. She was staring at me as I did the same.

"Are you feeling any back pain?" The doctor asked, pushing his glass back, preventing them from falling.

Y/n nods with an uncomfortable smile. "I can't really move, if I did the slightest move, I feel my back is going to burst. I feel paralyzed, it hurts."

"Okay," He said, taking something from his bag. While he puts his gloves on, Y/n didn't bothered looking at me and kept staring at the doctor, not him, his hands.

Y/n looks at me like she wanted to say something. I bring my ear close to her, to hear what she wants to say.

Her breath fanned my ear for a few seconds before I hear her sweet voice. "What is he doing?"

"Well—"

"Mrs. Moon, I need to insert this dose in you, since I see your back isn't healed yet and you've confirmed it," He said, ready to insert the syringe. He brings his chair forward, to get a better view of her back.

Y/n suddenly held my hand and gripped it so hard that I thought at how she even get that ounce of energy. I caressed her shoulder soothingly as she started to shake her head.

Biting her lip, she shifts closer to me, holding my arm and squishing her face in my chest. The doctor smiles, waiting patiently for Y/n to relax.

"Y/n, you need to heal your body, you can't stay here forever."

Her nails dug in my arm and winced, bearing it like the man I am. I snaked my arm around her waist, trailing my hand on her back right under her shirt. I could hear her muffled whimper.

"Get him out of here," She cried. "I don't want to take it."

Kissing the top of her head, I bring my face close to her ear to the doctor won't here me speaking. "I want to take you out on a date, tonight. That's why I want you to heal fast. So why don't we take it slow?"

She sits up uncomfortably, facing her back to the doctor. He lifts up her shirt and Y/n started to bite her nails nervously, looking down at the ground.

I take her hands in mine, squeezing them gently. She gaze up at me before looking behind her. I bring her face towards me. She relaxed her body, closing her eyes and letting my touch guide her.

Leaning forward, I kiss her lips softly. I could feel her mind letting go as her hands started to move up to my neck.

Then, she accidentally bites my lip as one tear slip out of her eyes. She tried to push me away so she could run away from the doctor. But I forced her to focus on me, by kissing me.

I could taste my own blood and she probably did too.  I let go when the doctor started to speak,

"Wasn't so bad, right?" The doctor said, getting up with his bag.

Y/n, too shy to turn around and also couldn't move, she simply nodded. The doctor bows as I nod at him. He leaves, closing the door.

Rubbing her hands together, I see a smile on her lips. She was still looking down. I bet she was happy that she overcome her fear. This is only the first step.

"I'm so proud of you," I praised as she lifts up her face to me finally.

Biting her lip, she glanced to the side, moving her legs slowly like a kid. Then, she looks at me again with questioned expression.

"Where are we going tonight?"

"Somewhere fancy."