chapter nineteen

j u n g k o o k

She agreed and left quickly without saying anything. I knew she was suffocated because of me. I hate to tell this but I like to stare at her eyes.

And what I'm going to tell her later is something that I'm not sure she'll accept. I don't even know if she'll be alright after she refuses or accepts. We're making a slow progress on talking and if I ruin it, we'll go back to square one. I wouldn't want that.

It's just a simple favour. I hope it is.

Sighing longly, I took my pen and started reading the files.

❣︎

Pulling my sleeve to my elbow, I check the time. It was already lunch time. My belly started to make noises. But I still had so much to do. I can't leave this right now.

One more file and I'll go eat.

That's when I heard a knock. I realized that it was Mina who'll be bringing my lunch. I didn't had to get out. As I said to come in, she came and placed the dish on the table.

"Thanks, you can leave," I said, taking a sip of water. She bowed and left. Before that I stopped her.

"Do you know where is Y/n?"

"I think she's with Jisung but I'm not sure."

"Mmh, okay." That was strange. She wasn't sure of her own answer. Then it means that Y/n is not with Jisung. I'm probably doing assumptions for nothing again.

I'm going to ask her calmly. I hope she'll accept because I don't have anyone else to ask to. Or else I'm just going to force her. She's the last option. I don't want anyone else, just her.

❣︎

I drop my pen as I was tired of signing papers over and over. I leaned back on my chair and pushed my hair back, looking at the ceiling as both of my legs were on the table.

I sighed longly. Today was probably a catching up day. I'm now updated in my shit and tomorrow I could finally start my other shit.

Taking my phone that was in my front pocket of my jeans, I saw that it was 8:30. She's going to come here in half an hour.

Fuck, I don't even know her that well and. Just fuck it, I have to get a drink. I'm allowed to have at least a sip.

Getting up from my chair with the little energy that I still had in me, I walked out of the room as I saw Taehyung's back in the middle of the hallway. What was he doing there?

I was very far from him, but I could still hear his faint voice.

"I just wanted to ask you if you perhaps wanted to come to the party," He said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Sorry Taehyung, but I don't want to." I recognized that voice, it was Y/n. He was talking to Y/n again. What is his problem to talk to her always?

"Please, I really need a date," He begged as I stood there, staring at them. Now, I really don't want to get a drink. I'll rather stay in my room.

"Find yourself another one, I'm not going anywhere and even if I had free time I wouldn't be your date."

His shoulders tensed as I see his hands turned into fists.

"Now, I have to go see Jungkook."

"Why?" He blurted out as he blocked the way of Y/n.

"How am I supposed to know, Taehyung? He asked me to come, so please go."

He lets her go, while I quickly entered back in my office. Was he going to ask her too? He literally asked the same shit that I was going to ask Y/n.

That means that Y/n is not going to be my date. The fuck should I do now?

I heard three sudden knocks on my door. I turned around and I open the door. There she was, all elegant in her night gown. It touched her curves perfectly, I couldn't see her legs and arms. They were fully covered. But she was still attractive.

"You wanted to see me?" She asked so innocently like nothing happened before.

I hummed as I pulled her wrist gently to make her come in my room. Yelping at the sudden movement, she stumbled and perfectly stood there.

Putting both of my hands in my pockets, I made my way to look at her face to face. I took the opportunity to absorb the scent she uses and the way that she braids her hair. So beautiful.

"Be my date."