epilogue

j u n g k o o k

Dear Taehyung,

It's been five years since you have left this world and yet I still feel like it all happened yesterday. It's been oddly peaceful ever since I left my job to settle in somewhere far from the urban city. To be honest, I wanted you here because this is where you used to live. The sea view, the beach, everything you like is here.

I've got a kid, I was kind of hoping to have a girl but I guess I have to live with what we have. I named him after you, Jeon Taehyung. I didn't thought of that when Y/n decided to do so which I gladly accepted. I hope you don't mind that I borrow your name.

Jisung is engaged with her fiancée, I never thought he'll propose so soon. He's way bolder than me, I married Y/n just last year. You know the day I promised you to visit every day? Well this time I can't really do so since I leave far away, but Jisung does visit you every day, that's what his fiancée told me. He really misses you, every day and he's really becoming a man just like you. I'm kind of jealous.

When I first told my father that I'll be quitting, he looked at me as if I was joking. He didn't believed until I signed the papers to give the company to Namjoon. I explained what was going in my mind and he was understanding of what I was going through. My mother was always happy in whatever I did, so telling her wasn't a problem at all.

Everyone parted their ways but we still keep contact with each other. We invited our families in special events but as I said it wasn't the same when we were all together in one house. Everyone got married, Seokjin got a baby girl and the others are still working on that. They're keeping it slow unlike me, we got a kid before marriage.

Anyways this is it, a letter shouldn't be really long and I don't have anything else to write to you. Updates and words are getting shorter since I've been writing to you every week, I barely have anything left. As we get older, we have less things to share since we barely have anything to do, all we have is time and enjoy every single one of bit.

You couldn't be able to do that, you left too young and I'll be here realizing all the wishes you have been telling me since we were kids. You might be thinking I forgot them but I wrote them all in a book. You are important and always be. I hope you won't forget that I'm sorry and I love you as a brother. I'm sure we will meet each other in the future as friends, workers or maybe even lovers.

See you soon,
Jeon Jungkook, your best friend.