chapter forty six

y / n

"What do you want to do in the future, Y/n?" Mom asked me with a smile.

I smile back, fidgeting my fingers. "I want to go on the moon."

She chuckles, rufling my hair. We both stare at the sky as the moon shines brightly on us. Every time I move, the grass tickles my feet and my mom's.

"I'm sure you'll be able to, do what makes you happy. Even if you fail, don't give up. There's a lot of things to do, being an astronaut is not the only thing, you know?" She says, looking at me. I look back at her and I nod. "I'm not saying that your dream is impossible, I'm just saying there's other possibilities."

"I understand." She caressed my cheek, as I notice something in her eyes. I couldn't describe it since I was too young to understand what an adult is going through. "What was your dream, Mommy?"

She hums, sighing longly before laughing. "I never had one. I always wanted to become a mother, so I guess that you're my dream."

"What about Yoona? She's not your dream?"

"Don't tell her, but she isn't, you are," She weakly said to me before she gets up. I get up on my feet and stared at her.

She crouch down and pulled me in for a hug. I gave her what she wanted before she kisses my cheek. I giggle because it tickled me. She laughs, wiping my cheek with her warm palm.

"I love you to the moon and back."

"I love you too, Mommy. But what's wrong?"

"Go home, I'll be right by your side," She said, pressing my chest, indicating my heart. Kissing one last time, she runs to the opposite direction of our home. I stare at her figure, fading slowly as the night starts to get colder and darker. Biting my lip, I let my tears fall down and I crouch down on the grass.

Then, I hear a long unbarable scream from afar.

That was the last time I heard her voice.

❣︎

I exhale hardly when I wake up from my dream. Touching my forehead, the first thing I see was the moon. Next was the tubes pluged in me. All around me was medication stuff and I didn't understand why. Looking around the room, I couldn't identify where I was at this moment. Nobody was here, the window was open, the tubes are like preventing me to get out of the bed.

Streching my back, I felt I was about to break. I move my body but I wasn't able to. I look at the direction of the door when I heard a sound. I stared at it as I start getting smaller and smaller. I was getting scared at the thought that I was trapped again in the arms of my father.

When it opened, it was Jisung's hair poping out of the door. He checks everything before locking his eyes to me. He gives me a smile before entering the room. Jogging towards me, he takes sit and clasped his hand on mine.

Then, his eyes started to get watery, "Are you okay? Do you need something?"

"Can I have some water?" I ask as he nods, taking a glass and the pot of water. He gives me the glass as I slowly put the edge on my lips, I let the cold water go in my mouth, relaxing myself.