chapter nine

j u n g k o o k

Her picture in my son's room. Her fucking face is in my house. The drawing I've drawn with my proper hands, the drawing I've loved so much when we were together.

How did he even get this? This picture is ripped into pieces and he still took the time to assemble it. He never told me anything about it. He kept it to himself and showed it to Y/n? Not me?

Why wasn't it me?

"I can explain," He said, getting up from the chair and putting both of his hands on my arm.

I sighed and clutched onto the paper harder. I was really close to rip the paper again, really fucking close.

"Why didn't you tell me? Why did you show it to her and not me?" I felt betrayed and confused. My own son not opening to me is really breaking me inside, even though I don't show it, I have feelings too.

He looks at Y/n who was looking back at him. She probably knows the reason and I would certainly will. I just want to hear it from his mouth.

"I want to keep a memory of her and I showed to her because she had nothing to do with it," He said confidently.

I look somewhere else than both of them. Heck, I want to rip this paper right in front of his face. But that's too cruel, way too much. "I don't want you to get attached to this piece of paper. I want you to forget her."

"Okay, I understand," He said, putting a smile on his face. I was so uncomfortable when he smiled. I know he's not showing his genuine feelings, I know it. He's creating another face, he's not going to show his true colours when I'm around him.

If I don't change now, we'll going to part away. I don't want that. Today was the day I was supposed to hang out with him, not to make things worse.

I'm such a great dad.

I folded the portrait of her and putted in my back pocket. "Sit," I said as I take another chair. He frowned, sitting comfortably on his chair. I noticed that Y/n was the one who had his gaming chair and not him. I completely forgot about her.

She was with us, listening to our conversation. Well, she has to get used to it. She's going to live with us for many years or not. To be honest, I hope she lives with us and hope she likes us, more like wiling to stay with us.

"You want to play?" Jisung asked me, passing his controller to me.

I shake my head, putting my hand under my jaw and stared at the screen. Jisung shrugs, starting the game.

Also, I've noticed that he had given the best controller to Y/n. He usually takes it when I play with him. What a true gentleman. He knows how to make girls like him.

They were playing COD, and I'm pretty sure that Y/n doesn't know how to play this game. I'm not saying because she's a girl, it's because I don't think she ever played a game.

They've started a match and Y/n is the first one to get killed. She lets a big laugh, hitting Jisung's shoulder.

"Gosh, I'm so sorry, I don't know how to play this game," She snickered as Jisung gets up. He drags Y/n's chair to the front of the screen as he place himself to the right side.

"What's wrong?"

"You need to know how the game works."

Then, he shows her every single button of the controller and what does it do. I felt like a third wheel of a date. But I knew it was a friendly relationship they're having.

I look at Jisung, who's smiling at Y/n. He adjust the headset of Y/n as she thanks him. He takes his controller that was on the table and they start a match.