chapter twenty eight

y / n

It felt like yesterday. He looked like he was about to cry. I'm a liar too. I lied that I didn't liked him and hated him. All I said was lies. I love him so much.

Taehyung was around me but so much less. It felt like we were torn apart. I kissed him out of despite. I didn't hate Taehyung, I thought I hated Jungkook. Still, he said that he loved that girl that he fucked with. I saw it with my own eyes. At least he could've closed the door and lower their sounds.

Jungkook literally disappeared out of my sight. He wasn't here anymore. Sometimes I saw him like a deja vu. Funny thing is that, I felt like I lost someone so important, like he died or something.

The others said he went on a important meeting in the north of South Korea. Jisung was the same and he knew what happened because of Jimin. He didn't say in details but clearly enough to Jisung to stop him.

It's been two weeks since he wasn't here. I could still hear his voice ringing in my ears. I regret everything I did and I hope he does too.

I sound selfish but the main reason I don't want to be with him is because of security. I don't want to be a target once I'm with him. What if some kind of men kidnaps me and then threatens Jungkook of killing me if he doesn't do something.

Oh, I feel shivers on my body.

Unfortunately, tomorrow is my birthday, 1st September. It's going to be lonely birthday like always. Actually, I'm going to celebrate it at midnight like I always do with a small cupcake.

I'm already thinking what kind of cupcake should I make. I'm planing on making plenty since I don't want anyone to get suspicious on the sudden occasion. Imagine what people would say if I only made like two cupcakes.

I'm going to start making it around 9 o'clock when everyone is almost asleep. Now, I have to wait and to get my mind cleared.

At this time, my phone vibrated beside me. I took it and looked at the caller I.D. It was Chungha. My back straighten up at the excitement. It's been three weeks since we didn't called, since I was so busy.

I answered right away, placing my phone on my ear and waited for her to talk.

"First of all, hi. Second of all, let's hang out tomorrow since it's your birthday and I can't miss another special day."

Circling my finger around the bed, I wasn't sure if I was allowed to even go out. "I don't think I can, Chungha."

"What the fuck? It's your birthday, you're not going to stay inside with some unknown guys that probably doesn't even know you have a birthday."

"I can't, we could call again and do a virtual birthday."

"Why did you even accept this job of yours?"

"Do you think that he'll let me go? He even said it himself and all of the rules that it's written on his damn contract."

Silence in both of the sides. We didn't utter any words since we didn't know what to talk about. I felt like our friendship is slowly falling apart.

Suddenly, I heard a bell from the store. Chungha sighed, "Got to go, bae. See you tomorrow, then."

"Yeah, tomorrow." And then we ended our call like that.

❣︎

I sat in front of the oven, staring at the cupcakes backing. Areum was really confused about why I was baking some cupcakes out of nowhere. I said I felt happy and I was in the mood to make some. I wish she didn't believed it and asked me what was really going on.