𝟐𝟕 - 𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬

That morning, with the sun shining through the gap in the curtains, Harry woke up to find himself tangled in Ophelia's slumber embrace, her arms wrapped lazily around his frame as her head curled into his neck, he smiled up at her sleeping form as he watched her idle breath blowing a piece of her dishevelled hair to and from her face. He wished that they could stay like this but seeing the sun rising over the Scotland highlands was enough to remind him to put his feet back down, in reality. Managing to pull away from her he stood up to gently nudge her awake, she stirred momentarily with an indignant groan before rolling over to turn her back to him.

"Phee love? You have to wake up and get dressed," he whispered, leaning down into her ear.

Groaning she lifted her head to look at him through heavy eyes, before succumbing back to her slumber once again, a light snore escaping her as she got comfy.

Hearing something stir upstairs in either dorm reminded him that they definitely were not alone, and after the events of last night he wasn't particularly looking forward to the first school day as Hogwarts champion number two, it didn't feel good knowing you were the plus one no one asked for, and of course, Ophelia didn't ask for any of this either.

"Ophelia, breakfast will be ready soon, you can have a full English if you want, and some tea, all you need to do is get up."

Stirring sleepily she spoke through one of the couch cushions, "I don't like black pudding." she mumbled.

"Then no black pudding." he told her, shaking his head in confusion and amusement.

"So it's not a full English, its a 3/4 English because I don't like mushrooms or tomatoes done like that." she mumbled again, she lifted up her arm into the air and grabbed at the air as a signal for Harry to pull her up, he did just that and she engulfed him in a tired hug, with a yawn and a light yet affectionate kiss to the lips she retreated upstairs to the girls' dormitory. Not noticing the flustered blush she had forced on his neck and ears, none the wiser to the bundle of girls that had gathered in the bathroom discussing their theoies on how she put her Harry's name in the goblet of fire.

Hermione and Ophelia got changed into their robes and uniform, moving as a pair into the bathroom to do the rest of their morning routine, it was only then that they noticed the gaggle of girls whispering in hushed tones behind their hands.

"If you have something to say then say it, then say it to my face." Ophelia said idly but not without tones of annoyance, she leaned against the counter as she ran a brush through her hair as she stared down the girls who began to filter through the bathroom in droves under Ophelia's glare.

Turning back to the mirror Ophelia started to brush her teeth, and in the reflection she caught Lavender and Pavarti shaking their heads to her back as they walked past, in another flash she had turned around and was looking at them dead in their eyes.

"I won't repeat myself, spit it out." she snapped, Hermione scowling just as meanly at both girls as they retreated away in a hurry. After a moment, once the other girls had left the two girls spent a moment chuckling to themselves.

"Two weeks in Hermione and everything has already gone tit's up." Ophelia said, grabbing her satchel from the floor.

Hermione laughed, straightening her tie in the mirror. "I know, do you ever think we'll get an easy year?"

"Probably not with our track record, we'd be better off running off to a convent or something," Ophelia said as the two left the girls dormitory to head to breakfast.

The murmuring hadn't stopped or gotten any lighter. If anything it increased in intensity the moment Ophelia and Hermione stepped into the Great Hall, noticing Harry sitting by himself on the Gryffindor table, she frowned. Seeing Ron sat with Seamus and Dean who kept looking at one another before looking back at Harry, who ignored them.