𝟒𝟔 - 𝐭𝐨𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐰𝐨𝐨𝐝

𝙊𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙖 𝙮𝙚𝙩 𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙞𝙣, 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙣𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨, tossing and turning as her skin crawled with the thought of having to endure another evening with Snape, it was during the crescent of Twilight, where the full moon was going to appear later tonight... her father had opted to go back home to transform to keep everyone safe, and would be away for a couple of days, she bitterly missed being home, not being able to make him his comfort food to make up for his aching bones as they went back into place killed her inside.

But nevertheless, Ophelia spent her time productively, scouring the Book of Shadows for any more useful information on astral projecting, which, she would have to do tonight if she had the slightest chance of figuring out what she was capable of.

Only problem was, Snape.

How could she get out of her meeting with him? He'd want to supervise but she really did not want him anywhere near her when she did this, it felt incredibly private from what she had read, it had been described as having your mortality realised, and if anything, she'd rather do it without him criticising her.

Not that he'd know anything about it anyway.
It's not like he can talk to the dead.
Not that they'd talk back to him anyway.

Binx hopped up onto her window ledge, purring as she climbed over the pillows and blankets towards Ophelia's lap, standing up proudly to press her paws to her chest, she meowed.

Ophelia obliged, scratching the back of her ears and under her chin as she enjoyed it peacefully, stroking her as Binx curled up onto her lap, purring as Ophelia leaned back against the cool window to look down at the street below. Feeling melancholic, she knew her childhood was slipping through her fingers like smoke and there was nothing she could do about it but anticipate the inevitable, it made her inherently bitter that there were still people out there who didn't believe Harry or Dumbledore, though she and him were not on the best terms at this moment in time.

Tomorrow was the day that she was meant to be seeing Harry, but given Mad-Eye was on watching duty of her, she had barely a chance to blink without him catching it, he already made her feel uneasy when she had to endure Barty being a creep towards her, she knew it wasn't his fault as he was trapped in a trunk for a year but she still got the heebie-jeebies thinking about it.

She looked down at the street below, spotting a fox carrying one of her pups between her teeth as she crossed the road into the public garden beside Grimmauld Place, she smiled softly, she knew they had large batches of them at a time, and imagined that the little pup was a trouble maker had gone too far from safety.

Stay with your mum, pup, if you know what's good for you.

Ophelia let out a sigh, feeling incredibly worn down and exhausted, the dark circles under her eyes were a dead giveaway that she wasn't well-rested anymore, troubled was another word for it, she almost hated that she had offered herself up to become this lawyer person, to hand over her childhood so willingly, and for what? If she fails, Sirius will be forced to go back to Azkaban as an innocent man, or worse... and Harry would never forgive her for it.

What was she thinking? She was a fool, for thinking she could do this, to stand against an army of people determined to see her fail while all she had behind her was the invisible force of her mother, not that anyone would believe her.

She cast her eyes down to the front cover of yesterday's Daily Prophet.

MASS MURDERER TRUSTS IN SCHOOLGIRL TO ACQUIT HIM.

That's all she was to them, a schoolgirl, she was in over her head is what the reporter said in the article, in fact he wrote, "A girl of her statue has no reason to be living this fantasy, it is clear to anyone with half a consciousness that this criminal has manipulated the poor senseless girl into doing his dirty work for him, but as the Minister mentioned yesterday afternoon, "The Le Fay girl is simply an ambitious child with no governing guidance to stir her from making a fool of herself, Sirius Black is a murderer of meticulous skill and merit, he no doubt convinced her of his innocence and is waiting for the right moment to finish the job on her fellow classmate whom she is close to, Harry Potter. Once she realises the extremity of her actions she will realise that she is in fact, not ready for the world that is out there and that she has in fact, put Harry Potter in grave danger." I couldn't have put it into better words myself, Ophelia Morana Le Fay is a dangerous example of what a corrupted childhood can lead to, rumors report she was raised by her father who happens to be a werewolf while her late mother was murdered by the hands of Unknown Deatheaters during her infancy, perhaps there is more to this girl than meets the eye, I suggest to those of you with children attending Hogwarts this year, to stay clear of this child and her increasingly liberal means of gaining what she in her mind, calls justice."